TK75 2600lm vs 2900lm

Bruno28

Enlightened
Hey everyone.

What are the major differences between the two? besides the lumen output and lux?
I mostly collect them and rarely use them outside, but its nice to know I have some amazing flashlights when needed. I like getting bargains and I saw a place online that has the 2600lm model for $139.99 and the 2900lm at $199.99

My question is, the 2900lm worth the extra $60? Or get the 2600lm and save $60?
Any news on updated version of the TK75? maybe with the MT-G2?

Thanks
Bruno

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for super quick reply!
I read that just before.

Whats your thoughts on this? What would you pick?

If you already knew about that thread, why in the world did you create another, duplicate thread? Why not just ask the question in the other thread? You would get more responses, and wouldn't be contributing clutter to a topic that has already been covered fairly extensively.

Bruno28

Enlightened
If you already knew about that thread, why in the world did you create another, duplicate thread? Why not just ask the question in the other thread? You would get more responses, and wouldn't be contributing clutter to a topic that has already been covered fairly extensively.
Oh sorry,
I didn't want to hijack that thread.
Didn't know I could just post on it even though I would not be contributing to the original post.

kj2

Flashaholic
thanks for super quick reply!
I read that just before.
Whats your thoughts on this? What would you pick?
Yeah, if I'd the money to spend, I would buy the new-model too :)
But as you've read, when comparing both you don't notice much difference.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about my earlier post, didn't intend to be so negative. Would be fine in the other thread, but I can hardly complain...I've been known to hijack a thread or two myself. Never start out with that intention, but it happens.

Anyway, for those prices, I'd definitely go with the 2600 lumen version. I know it sounds crazy, but there are a couple advantages. The cost is obviously the big one...and that is a substantial difference. There is no way anyone can really say the 2900 lumen version is almost fifty percent better than the old version. Second, they changed the turbo timer from twenty minutes to fifteen minutes on the new version. Since either one can handle the heat if you are walking with it, or holding it, this really wasn't necessary.

Really, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. If you are obsessed with having the latest/best version, and you have money to burn, go with the 2900 lumen version - it is more up to date. But if you are like most of us, and want to get VALUE, go with the old version. It will serve you just as well.

Bruno28

Enlightened
Sorry about my earlier post, didn't intend to be so negative. Would be fine in the other thread, but I can hardly complain...I've been known to hijack a thread or two myself. Never start out with that intention, but it happens.

Anyway, for those prices, I'd definitely go with the 2600 lumen version. I know it sounds crazy, but there are a couple advantages. The cost is obviously the big one...and that is a substantial difference. There is no way anyone can really say the 2900 lumen version is almost fifty percent better than the old version. Second, they changed the turbo timer from twenty minutes to fifteen minutes on the new version. Since either one can handle the heat if you are walking with it, or holding it, this really wasn't necessary.

Really, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. If you are obsessed with having the latest/best version, and you have money to burn, go with the 2900 lumen version - it is more up to date. But if you are like most of us, and want to get VALUE, go with the old version. It will serve you just as well.

Thanks for that Doc.
And since the TK75 is been there for a while, is there an expectance of a newer version anytime soon?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that Doc.
And since the TK75 is been there for a while, is there an expectance of a newer version anytime soon?

I doubt it. I guess they could do an XP-L version, but it would be almost exactly the same. Wouldn't be a real upgrade. And XM-L(2) and XP-L are pretty much the top dogs, for high lumen/reasonable throw. They could do an MT-G2 version, I guess, but I haven't heard any plans about that. And it wouldn't throw nearly as well, anyway. Would definitely be more of a flooder, in that case.

Capolini

Banned
As I indicated in my thread [ my very first one! 8/2013] you can not notice a difference from a visual standpoint,,unless you can see clearly past 606m to 690m where the "throw" of the 2900 lumen version fades! Oh,,yes,,,you can not tell the output difference of 300 lumens either!

Original version is a better bet at $60 savings that you posted. :)

Last edited: