Finally ranked #100 3 months in a row !!!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
We started getting these "Neighbor Efficiency Ranks" from Connecticut Light & Power about 8 months ago where they rank your house to 100 neighbors that have similar size homes; where #1 is the most energy efficient, and #100 is the least efficient. They have pretty color bar codes, and line graphs plotting monthly kWh for various categories of neighbors going back a year.

I had been hovering in the 80's through the spring, but now I'm very proud to now say that after coming close with #99 ranking in May, we have finally hit the jackpot with #100 scores in June, July, and August. Over the last 12 months, we used 139% more electricity than my neighbors, and in the last 2 months, we used 225% more.

We are very proud of our accomplishment, and knew that my precious incands would help bestow such a worthy honor upon me.

I expect to read some heartfelt congratulations.

nbp

Flashaholic
Awesome! Good work Lux! Have you chosen a name for your hole in the ozone layer yet? ;)

LuxLuthor, helping his neighbors to see the light. :twothumbs Single handily keeping his neighborhood safe from crime, and his neighbors from stumbling in the dark.

A great American!

~ Chance

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I'm sure the bill was also rather congratulatory.

That's the best part. Literally a Win-Win. By paying a higher bill, I am stimulating the economy and providing job security for Connecticut Light & Power employees. It just doesn't get any better than this.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
We started getting these "Neighbor Efficiency Ranks" from Connecticut Light & Power about 8 months ago where they rank your house to 100 neighbors that have similar size homes; where #1 is the most energy efficient, and #100 is the least efficient. They have pretty color bar codes, and line graphs plotting monthly kWh for various categories of neighbors going back a year.

I had been hovering in the 80's through the spring, but now I'm very proud to now say that after coming close with #99 ranking in May, we have finally hit the jackpot with #100 scores in June, July, and August. Over the last 12 months, we used 139% more electricity than my neighbors, and in the last 2 months, we used 225% more.

We are very proud of our accomplishment, and knew that my precious incands would help bestow such a worthy honor upon me.

I expect to read some heartfelt congratulations.

LOL!!

Well Lux, you always did wanna be the best at stuff.

So now that you have accomplished this dream of yours, along with providing the community with a service ( job security ) how about you finally throw me the bone I have sought after all these years. What is it that affords you this opportunity? What do you do for a living LuxLuthor? : place being nosy emoticon here:

EDIT: Here Lux I made you a video response.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
That video has some very confusing subtitle language, so I couldn't understand it. If it was supposed to be something about Superman's arch enemy, Lex Luthor, who is an imaginary megalomaniacal supervillain comic book character--we are not related.

ven

Flashaholic
Well lux that really made me LOL on a Thursday morning outside work,fantastic and thank you ;-)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux,
We don't get those. Ours just shows a graph that compares year over year and shows usage for the past 12 months. Kinda handy I guess.

But, one funny thought did pop in my head. One of the "tools" that DEA and LE entities use to detect a grow house is high or unusual energy consumption compared to homes in that area and or size range. So.............You may get a real reward delivered to you! LOL

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
That video has some very confusing subtitle language, so I couldn't understand it. If it was supposed to be something about Superman's arch enemy, Lex Luthor, who is an imaginary megalomaniacal supervillain comic book character--we are not related.

Mmmmm I suspect a DNA swab would suggest something different. Perhaps a closer look would reveal a striking resemblance.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in CT but have yet to receive one of these. I wonder where I would rank with several computers, a NAS and some external drives that run 24/7/365. At least I don't have electric heat.

I would like to congratulate you, Lux, for being the most inefficient house on your block. You have personally contributed more towards air pollution and global warming than everyone around and you should be proud. Gawd - LOL - I can't even write this sarcastically with a straight face so I'll just say - Good Job! LOL!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
But, one funny thought did pop in my head. One of the "tools" that DEA and LE entities use to detect a grow house is high or unusual energy consumption compared to homes in that area and or size range. So.............You may get a real reward delivered to you! LOL

St8stroke, that would also explain his dodgyness of my question here over the years...

What is it that affords you this opportunity? What do you do for a living LuxLuthor? : place being nosy emoticon here:
:nana:

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
LOL! Sure wish the power company ranked my area. That would be fun to see. They do have an app to pay the electric bill and also track daily usage. Right now I'm around 6-10kWh per day (cool at night so central air is turned off). Earlier this summer it was around 25kWh, and it wasn't even a hot summer!

I guess some people leave lights on a long time, because incandescents don't seem to add up to anything in my home. It's the a/c and refrigerator that run up the bill. I notice this on days I'm gone for 24hrs and see only a 1-3kWh difference. So the TV and lighting are only a small portion of my bill.