My two new favorite lights! Surefire EB1 Backup & Armytek Predator Pro

Divisi0n

Newly Enlightened
Just received these two awesome lights in the mail today, brand new and fresh out of the box! One is a silver Surefire EB1 Backup with clicky switch and the other is an Armytek Predator Pro 2.5. Also picked up a Nitecore charger with 3 Eagletac 18650 3400mah batteries for the Armytek. Could be happier with my new purchases and can't wait to put them both to use! Just thought I'd share my excitement.

pparmenter

Newly Enlightened
have you mastered the directions for programming the predator yet? I have the predator x in the same gold bezel and love it.

Divisi0n

Newly Enlightened
Haha no I've been reading over the full manual online for the previous one. I'll probably just stick with the basic channels as they come stock and mess with it when I'm bored sometime. Fantastic light though, feels extremely solid and love the gold accents.

pparmenter

Newly Enlightened
the only change i made to line 1 was setting the low mode to super moonlight sub lumen other than that i run stock settings... also fun fact the regulation is very good to where you wont notice any stepdown and all and then boom dark
.. so have a backup for sure

Divisi0n

Newly Enlightened
I always carry a watertight case with 6 extra 123's for backup just in case. Currently using a 3400mah Eagletac 18650 for now. Loving the light so far though.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone got the the predator in warm? Have trouble finding much info on the warm version.

pparmenter

Newly Enlightened
I always carry a watertight case with 6 extra 123's for backup just in case. Currently using a 3400mah Eagletac 18650 for now. Loving the light so far though.

what kinda case setup? post a pic of that. I run the base 2600mah eagletacs, In my surefires I run eagletac 16340s, something to think about for your eb1 if the 123s get expensive.

AutoTech

Enlightened
I've got an Armytek Predator and it's one of my favourite lights. It feels like you could use it as a hammer, and that finish! All lights should feel like it.

Enjoy

Divisi0n

Newly Enlightened
Its the Surefire Executive series spares carrier. Holds 6 123's and a spare lamp if need be. I've always had good luck with the Titanium Innovations 123s from Battery Junction, cheap but good. Not to mention I work at a hardware store with a nice discount on batteries so no problem there.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like the EB1, then you really need to check out the E1DL. It's smaller and 300 lumens, same optic, just a much brighter spot.

Divisi0n

Newly Enlightened
I was taking a look at the E1D as well, but decided to go with the EB1. I liked the silver color and the lower profile crenelated bezel on it too. This is just my EDC light and I find it provides more than enough light for whatever task I'll end up using it for. I have the P2X Fury which is like a freaking searchlight so if I ever need something with a bit more power I can always pull that out.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great looking EB1, OP! Love that silver color.

Its the Surefire Executive series spares carrier. Holds 6 123's and a spare lamp if need be. I've always had good luck with the Titanium Innovations 123s from Battery Junction, cheap but good. Not to mention I work at a hardware store with a nice discount on batteries so no problem there.

Just for clarity's sake:

The SC1 holds 6 batteries and a P60 LA (G/P/C/Z lamp)
The SC2 holds 6 batteries and a MN10,15,20,60 LA (M3/M4/M6 lamp)
The SC3 holds 4 batteries and a MA02/MN01,02,03 LA (Aviator/E-series lamp)

Last edited: