Nitecore hc90 swith problem

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone else experienced this issue

the switch when moved from right to left from the red to green light position wont trigger the green light sometimes

this a brand new fresh out of the box lamp

;)

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
Mine does this also, and once after using in turbo for 15 min or so got stuck on. Had to take battery out to turn off.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Any fix? Or is it looking to be a QC issue?

I'm hoping contacts need cleaning only maby?

I have a HC90vn on way so do hope I won't have this issue mine is not sold as having it though.

If it doesn't have it when out of box do you think it won't get it or it may develop?

I'd send this thread to nitecore for advise on the issue.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
I have just sent this thread to nightcore for comment, will post any info I get from them here or maby they will post if they have an account.

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Thanks folks for replying

i didnt expect another vendor to have several of these headlamps new that have this issue

i was debating whether to keep the headlamp but after reading the above where someone with the same issue suddenly had it lock on turbo mode, i think ill send it back

nitecore, get your act together, the HC90 is a "higher priced" headlamp, there shouldnt be these issues with multiple out of the box units ... Your QC should have caught it

i bought mine though edisonBright in amazon, its going to be a bit of a biatch to return and ill lose out on shipping since im in canada right now (picked it up in the US) ... even if i exchange it, which i have to do through the mail, there i may still get another defective lamp and be out shipping costs again

I got this headlamp for technical night climbing, cant have something with swithing issues or might lock on turbo

;)

Last edited:

drummer132132

Enlightened
I just recently received my HC90 and don't have the issue where the green light is not coming on when the mode is selected. If that changes I will post on here. One thing I did notice though is that sometimes when sliding the switch left, which turns on the variable brightness portion of the light, I noticed there was a delay in the light coming on. Delay as in a few seconds, as if it suddenly realized it was supposed to be on. This has happened once maybe twice and not a big deal for me. I've only owned this light for a few days now and will be using it for a night hike this week so if anything changes better or for worse I'll keep this thread informed. Overall I am really enjoying this light since the light is pretty floody and will light up most of my backyard. I also prefer variable brightness options. One thing Nitecore could have done with this lamp is to replace the green/blue options for beacon/SOS.

On a side note I did a lot of research on beanies to wear with this headlamp as a barrier between the headlamp and my forehead and found a brand that I eventually settled on. Arc'Teryx has a few options one can pick from if you want a beanie good for more intense activity requiring a headlamp. I personally chose the PHASE AR beanie.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Swapped mine for a HL55vn...boosh! No switch issues, turbo 900 (or whatever vinh sets it at) only 30 second though ,but high if plenty at this kind of range and keeps runtimes in check to a few hours, turbo woulds eat battery's for snacks..so burst might be a good idea just for when needed, also better looking IMO to aestheticly speaking.

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Well i was playing around with it trying to find reasons to keep the lamp and it just died

wouldnt even turn on again

similar to the other poster with the stuck turbo mode i had to remove the battery for a few minutes, put it back then it semmed to work again

cant do that in the middle of climbing at night

there is a switch problem with this headlamp and i suspect it more than a minor issue

;)

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Can I ask what kind of batteries you are using?

nitecore 3400 mAh bats off a i4 charger, all new

tried both bats and cleaning the contacts

7QzQsD0.jpg

;)

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
I too am using nitecore batteries with i4 charger but primarily use the internal charging function to top off the battery. It has not stuck on except for the one time and I am starting to suspect that the cap may have just been on too tight.
However, There is no doubt a problem in the switch as well

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

drummer132132

Enlightened
Took my HC90 out for a night hike yesterday and everything worked 100%. No issues at all. Very convenient with the variable brightness. I must have gotten lucky and received a non-glitchy slider switch.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Just an FYI, nitecore never botherd to get back to me or comment in anyway, and doesn't look they they have made a appearance here to, either they don't know what's wrong, don't care, or its a much larger issue that has effected a lot of the HC90's they have sold and they are trying to work out what to do / how to fix the situation so have not said anything it yet.

Either way I'm glad I jumped ship, maby they will sort it out maby not, I'm not to fussed either way but hope you get it sorted guys!

Seems me and nitecore are never destand to be be LOL, as last night core light I was gonna buy was a EA4 when I first got into lights, ended up with a SWM D40A instead, guess what, switch issues put me off LOL, looks like I have managed to swerve a nitecore switch issue twice now!!

I know they did fix the EA4 but from my point of view not a good track record LOL, guess I'll just stick to other bands ahaha. Maby one day I'll try one of there lights!!!

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Its a shame as nitecore just see to be so on the ball with great designe's and new ideas. And i love the concepts of there lights, just a shame they can't back it up with production quality.

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Just an FYI, nitecore never botherd to get back to me or comment in anyway, and doesn't look they they have made a appearance here to, either they don't know what's wrong, don't care, or its a much larger issue that has effected a lot of the HC90's they have sold and they are trying to work out what to do / how to fix the situation so have not said anything it yet.

Either way I'm glad I jumped ship, maby they will sort it out maby not, I'm not to fussed either way but hope you get it sorted guys!

Seems me and nitecore are never destand to be be LOL, as last night core light I was gonna buy was a EA4 when I first got into lights, ended up with a SWM D40A instead, guess what, switch issues put me off LOL, looks like I have managed to swerve a nitecore switch issue twice now!!

I know they did fix the EA4 but from my point of view not a good track record LOL, guess I'll just stick to other bands ahaha. Maby one day I'll try one of there lights!!!

Im betting nitecore wont say anything about it, easier not to admit any issues and let the customer deal with it

mums the word, the sad part is that there are probably folks ordering this headlamp with this issue (6 known to CPF so far) and findingbout after the fact and possily losing out on shipping, or having then tolerate this "quirk"

as to fenix, my brand new HL55 has a different issues, well see how the fenix CS handles it

;)

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
as to fenix, my brand new HL55 has a different issues, well see how the fenix CS handles it

;)

What's up with yours?

I guess all the way back to China? I buy mine from vinh so no warranty, but he always sorts it out, I would assume he would notice any issue before sending it out though.

Can't wait!

Yhea its a shame about nitecore tbh one day Ill give them a go.

Latest posts