Quark turbo, 1xAA body, clip for emitter-down carry?

Inova his head

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm whether or not you can do this? From the photos I've found it looks as though the increased width of the turbo head could get in the way of the tip of the clip....

P.s. while I'm asking about quarks, I'd be interested to know if the regular (i.e. non-turbo) xp-g2 quarks are much throwier than the equivalent mini?

Thanks all!

Tom

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the AA Turbo head gets in the way of the clip, although you might be able to bend it into a workable shape. I'd go with a Tec P7 suspension clip myself. And yes, an XPG Quark will out throw an XPG Mini with its deeper larger reflector. Its current regulation also quite a bit more efficient than the PWM Mini driver.

Sarlix

Enlightened
Been wanting to put together a 1xAA Quark with turbo head since forever. I know it worked with the old Quarks but how does the newer 2xAA turbo head work with a single AA? 14500's should be OK but what about the lower voltage of an NiMH?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
No significant difference with the driver - as you probably already know, Quarks are one of the few lights that fully support anything between 0.9-4.2v, including the 3V CRAA. Expect about half the max output on 1xNiMH as 1x14500/2xNiMH/1xCRAA though... say ~150 Selfbuilt Lumens.