Stupidest TV Series? I Nominate "Ancient Aliens"

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Considering that no one has even come forward with any hard evidence that aliens, ancient or otherwise, exist and have visited Earth then the program is total speculation. Also against current known Physics principles for FTL travel. The "star" claims to be an expert in a subject which no one has proven even exists so how can he be an expert in it? Total speculation and pseudo scientific BS in my opinion and I am afraid that it's success is strong evidence for the inadequacy of our current education system. It is totally inadequate in teaching science or the ability to discriminate between truth ans speculative BS and the principle of Occam's Razor.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kinda like that show! lol Mostly cause I believe in Alien life.

But, one show that is a total joke, is that Finding Bigfoot. Wow, how goofy. No offense to those who may like it. Just my opinion.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
I think alien life is almost certain too but their having visited Earth in the past, or are visiting currently via "Flying Saucers" I find unlikely. The programs seem to me to be pure speculation and theories without any true evidence. I am a skeptic whose motto is "show me the evidence" and so far I see none regarding ghosts, zombies, spirits other than alcoholic, aliens ancient or current visiting Earth, Bigfoot, The Loch Ness monster, other ancient large critters surviving to modern times or God and organized religion.

LED BriCK

Enlightened
Of course it's BS, but it's hilarious! How can you not like that show? In my everyday life, I preface every explanation
I give about anything with "Ancient astronaut theorists contend..."

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Norm

Retired Administrator
Any of the numerous Boyfriend Girlfriend match making reality shows. Make that all reality shows.

Norm

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stupidest TV Series? Well, to make an informed choice, I'd have to watch 90% of what is on basic cable, and no one has that much time! :)

I miss the days when TLC actually had things that related to learning, and Discovery was more than people trying to survive in inplausible scenarios or one more group of people restoring old stuff or looking for "treasures" in some junkyard or old barn. I really need to drop my cable subscription, because all I watch are a few programs on Comedy Central.

yeah... I'm getting old and cranky. :)
At least I can watch Dave's latest adventures on the EEVblog and have fun.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
yeah... I'm getting old and cranky. :)

I'm not that old or cranky, and I dropped cable long ago. Big fan of the Amazon Fire TV box, for AmazonPrime/Hulu/Netflix/etc. All the good programming available all the time, no waiting or even seeing the dopey reality shows, at a fraction of the cost of cable (Hulu and Netflix together come to $16/mo.) I have no idea what the dumb shows are on TV, I never encounter them..

heelsthrow

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't agree more regarding ancient aliens. My husband is an avid viewer but changed his mind when he saw tv special debunking all myths pertaining to the show's episode. I would like to nominate a family reality show that made said family earn tons of money. It is the show. Not the personalities though.

Frijid

Enlightened
all the reality shows. plus the ones where they follow people around. like the one on, i think TLC, where it followed a family of people around with 19 or something kids, or ones with rich people like the newest one called "chrisley knows best" and other junk like that. pretty much 99% of all that airs on tv now a days. I trashed cable awhile ago. it's only DVD'S and VHS for me.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Well............. if true, that would make quite a conundrum for me! Of course, I say the show is goofy, but I still watch it! Drives my wife bonkers. All hail Bobo!
My wife rolls her eyes when I watch it too, only because of the way they think they are going to get real evidence by spending at most 1-2 nights in a specific location. I enjoy the town hall meetings and hearing the local's sighting stories.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yeah, "Ancient Aliens" gets my vote.

Some of the reality dating shows are downright idiotic. But they really don't take themselves seriously. Not so with "Ancient Aliens." Plus, they downright lie!

"This could only have happened due to assistance from Aliens because...."

Well, no. One, the technology did exist back then. And two.... You just lied about the because.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I should probably confess: I believe in Alien life. I find it impossible to believe that we are alone in our Galaxy, much less the Universe. My wife was a non believer. After me writing down some of the numbers of "know" stars and galaxies, she woke up the next day and said. "Ya know, I think I agree". True story. lol

groutboy_1

Enlightened
There's Always "someone" in the group that has to poke fun at" so-called ancient astronaut theorists"! While history channels "ANCIENT ALIENS" is about UFO lore...YES, It does just sit and spin its wheels...Because its used as a "docutainment show". Where as So called" debunkers" utilize" Mockumentraies" to lampoon people who contemplate unusual events throughout our history that point to something out of the ordinary....also, without much scientific objectivity as well...As for some of the biggest" doggy DO-Do" shows! Yes! Mtv type dating reality shows! Like if we Don't have enough "men/women sociopaths" in the world!!!! Or more of the" drag out your favourite circus freaks show"!!! "Yes!!! our family is a bunch of inbred mutants with extra eyes, and other parts!!! Now get off your sister, Jethro !!!!" Or as my favourite tv show hate goes....WWE/WWF Wrestling/RAW !!! My uncle's a big west coast atheist/anti-Bigfoot/anti-UFO/anti-paranormal, But BELIEVES WRESTLING IS REAL!!! Give me a break !!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!! Junk!!!! Garbage!!!! Top of the crap heap!!!!

Last edited:

groutboy_1

Enlightened
"I'd rather watch *Ancient Aliens* than sit and rot out my brain with WWE wrestling/WWF Wrestling , and other related garbage! I'd rather watch a show about *ILLEGAL Aliens at Home Depot than a RAW cage match !"

Last edited: