Eton Blackout Buddy H2O

Norm

Retired Administrator
Blackout Buddy H2O

Always-Ready, Water-Activated, Emergency Light (No Batteries Required)

fR8FPN.jpg

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks like a great alternative to "shake" lights. I wonder if the water acts as a catalyst or creates a chemical reaction to activate the power.
If I drop one in a river, does that mean it's going to be lit up perpetually at the bottom as long as the water doesn't run dry?

Poppy

Flashaholic
I am unclear. WHEN are we allowed to link to a product's informational, or for sale page?

Regarding this product. It's different, but not special. As I read it, "up to 72 hours" so if you throw it into a river, it will be dead in 3 days. It is not water powered, but water acts like the power switch. Personally, I would prefer to have a switch that I control. Turn it on when I want... and OFF when I want, not that it only goes OFF when the contacts dry out.

From what I think I understand, this is a single use light ?
Yes derfyled, I agree. AND Once a year when you want to check/test your equipment, HOW do you test this? I guess you could wet it, and then use a blow dryer to turn it off and conserve the battery?

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sound like a copper-zinc battery with water as a conductor.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I am unclear. WHEN are we allowed to link to a product's informational, or for sale page
I suggest you check the forum rules and all will be revealed, rule 5 in particular. - Norm

wedlpine

Enlightened
"...shelf-stable magnesium-oxide battery remains inert until water kickstarts the chemical reaction..."

Very cool, I need a couple.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I suggest you check the forum rules and all will be revealed, rule 5 in particular. - Norm

Thanks Norm. You've always been a gentleman. :thumbsup:
So it seems that we can link to ebay, amazon, and flashlight specific sites, but we can't hotlink to their images. Somehow, I thought we were much more restricted, and all the above was prohibited.

Thanks again!
Poppy