• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired wtb, surefire modded to take 2 x 18650s

jp_over

Newly Enlightened
Friends,

I need a bit of help. I'd like to get a Surefire that's 500-800 lumen (more is better) that's capable of fitting 2 x 18650s (or at least one). Is there a Fury out there or other model that's commonly modified for this? If so, I'm in the market!

Of note, I currently have a couple of P2X Fury's that are fantastic. I'd simply like to take advantage of the 18650 format (specifically, the AW18650P34 AW 18650 Protected 3400).

Thanks!

Joe

Double Barrel

Enlightened
You could just bore one of your P2X's to accept the 18650's. There's plenty of options. For two, a fivemega body or 9P/C3 with extender and a good drop-in

jp_over

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like I've got some research ahead of me. ;) Any recommendations on quality drop ins?

Last edited:

DragonHead

Enlightened
jP, I can build you one. surefire parts with custom body. I also have 3400mAh cells with protection.
Check out my Instagram @allgoodmfg
Shows some good pics of my stuff.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy the P3X, send it to Barry at Precisionworks and he can bore it and fix you up with an extender for 2x18650s. Alternatively, the stock SureFire P1R Peacekeeper is rated at 600 lumens and can run with any 18650 battery.

If you're going the P60 drop-in route then you have a world of options. In addition to the Fivemega bodies, you could get a bored 6P body from OVEREADY along with the extender(s) to run just about any battery combination you need.

jp_over

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the help! I'm going to do some more reading to get my head around where I'd like to go with this.

Dragonhead - I checked out your link, good stuff! I'll drop you a PM when I finish researching.