Help upgrading a Solarforce Skyline 1 please!

sawlight

Enlightened
I've done this once, but limited myself with a 1.4a board, this time I went all out with it, I like high CRI lights, so I figured why not!
So I went with this board, http://www.illumn.com/leds-drivers-...s/8xamc7135-3-04a-selectable-mode-driver.html left in stock configuration, and this led, http://www.illumn.com/leds-drivers-...cree-xm-l2-bare-s6-7d3-tint-2900k-90-cri.html
Got the board filed down to fit, got the LED soldered on the board, no problems so far!
Then I go to test it, problems! It flashes two or three times to show power, but the switch does not function! Nothing! I've always been afraid to push the upgrades on this light because I've heard the switch can be iffy, at best, with higher amperage drivers.
Any thoughts, suggestions, sage words of wisdom or otherwise are more than welcome, PLEASE!
Thanks in advance!

Edit, also when I try shorting from the battery to the battery tube, with the switch off, I get nothing?

bushwhacked

Newly Enlightened
Take the reflector out and use your dmm to test for shorts from the negative and positive to ground.

It sounds like you have a short from the positive to ground because negative would send it direct drive.

Edit: pictures say a lot more.

sawlight

Enlightened
Take the reflector out and use your dmm to test for shorts from the negative and positive to ground.

It sounds like you have a short from the positive to ground because negative would send it direct drive.

Edit: pictures say a lot more.

Reflector is off, just in test phase now, it's not even thermal pasted. Checked for grounds, shorts, etc., nothing shows out of the ordinary.

bushwhacked

Newly Enlightened
Try holding the battery to the driver and shorting the negative of the battery to the pill or body of the head. Take the switch out of the equation for now.

If it lights up then your switch is bad. If it doesn't then there's another issue.