Nitecore EA41 problem

movanoman

Newly Enlightened
[h=2]
icon1.png
Nitecore EA41[/h]
Hi I have had my new ea41 for three days and it has a mind of its own when you press the mode button it can give any setting it likes form low to turbo, has any one else had this problem I am realy annoyed because I wanted a sunwayman D40a and was told this was a better torch I think its crap. I need your advice when I talk to the supplier should I demand a replacement or ask for the d40 ?​

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there anything else you don't like about the EA41? It sounds like a bad mode switch is causing the problem. I would ask for a replacement, since it really is a very nice light. I have had mine since they first came out, and use it every day. So far I have had no problems at all. I think it is a great light, especially for its size and price.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
I wanted a sunwayman D40a and was told this was a better torch I think its crap. I need your advice when I talk to the supplier should I demand a replacement or ask for the d40 ?

You will always get bad advice, even here on cpf. It's unbelievable at the amount of recommendations for nitecore, yet there are threads about reliability, sounds like you haven't done your homework, stay away from nitecore...as you've discovered for yourself.
Get in touch with where you got it from and tell them the situation.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks I will call the supplier tomorrow

Who told you that the EA41 is better than the D40A?

Back before the '41, I almost bought the EA4, but held out and bought the 40A CW and can't complain.

It's a nice little four AA light for not a lot of cash.

Chris

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to pour salt in the wound, (and it's only anecdotal anyway) but my D40a neutral has been rock solid. I have five Nitecore lights and I can say my confidence is them is lower than my other lights.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EA41 has been rock solid. Its the nicest Nitecore I have yet to own or handle. Sounds like a bad switch just send it back to the dealer it really is a very nice light. My D40A is still nicer with an easier to use switch and is noticeably brighter.

Sarlix

Enlightened
You will always get bad advice, even here on cpf. It's unbelievable at the amount of recommendations for nitecore, yet there are threads about reliability, sounds like you haven't done your homework, stay away from nitecore...as you've discovered for yourself.
Get in touch with where you got it from and tell them the situation.

There are threads about reliability for other brands too. At least try and keep your bias a little under control when you post.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two EA4s one EA41 and a TM11. All of them have been rock solid and dependable since day one. Other than a couple of Streamlights, I don't own any other brands so can't compare, but I am perfectly happy with what I have.

Every manufacturer has a couple of bad ones get out now and then. It is what they do to handle them that is important. From what I have heard Nitecore is one that steps up and takes care of the problem. I know you could do worse.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
As good as the EA41 is the D40A is better. The Sunwayman is just on a higher level and is actually underrated at 960 lumens. My only Sunwayman is the D40A lol the Nitecore is still really good though just not D40A good...

Sarlix

Enlightened
^ It's also about £20 more expensive, so there's that. Also battery cage vs no cage.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ It's also about £20 more expensive, so there's that. Also battery cage vs no cage.

The D40A is definitely more than the older EA4 and even the EA41, by $10 via BatteryJunction, but BJ ran a sale and I got mine for just under $69 shipped, so I lucked out when I could have gotten the EA4 for ~$50-$55 off of Ebay.

With the switch cover problem and the fact that I already owned some SWM lights, even having my V10R glitch on me, requiring a V11R replacement, I was happy with SWM and the customer service I received from BJ and SWM.

While the SWM battery carrier is another part to fail, it's also easily replaced if say a spring broke on me and it's actually a nice piece of engineering and manufacturing.

I don't think that one could go wrong with either and if that $10 matters a lot, then go the NiteCore route.

Chris

KiwiBlue

Newly Enlightened
I had the EA4 and recently upgraded to EA41. I think they are excellent for what they are. = )

Dr.444

Enlightened
Yes , mine skip modes sometimes ! , just don't press the mode button too fast & it's fixed .

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
now paranoid about the switch on my EA41. It works fine...for now. Still loving the D40A more though have Jetbeam SRA40 on the way and YES the D40A is worth the extra cash

movanoman

Newly Enlightened
Hi thanks to you all for your input. I sent my EA41 back and the supplier and replaced the new one is great I chose this over the D40a because it will be used for dog walking so I don't have carry my TK75, also I want to use it with gloves on and the switch arrangement seems more suited to this than the D40. I will be getting another light this winter maybe it may be the sunwayman next.

movanoman

Newly Enlightened
Hi thanks for the input sent it back and have received a replacement which is great light not bright as my second choice D40a but has a better switch for use with gloves and i like the beacon mode anyway thanks again

Latest posts