Streamlight Stylus Pro head removal

xtratoy

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone post a picture of this light with the head/LED removed. I have tried a heat gun to warm it up and twist off with no luck. I am not even sure where the two parts join and I have looked closely with a magnifying glass to try and find a seam where they meet. any tips on removal? anyone know where to get a replacement head that will fit onto the main tube. I found this one at work but the LED doesn't light up with new batteries. I figured I would use it to attempt a modification.

xtratoy

Newly Enlightened
A search of the forum will give you the answer as the topic has been discussed before.

I looked at bunch of posts before posting my question and didn't find a definitive answer or a picture of the stylus pro with its head off. I found a bunch of info on the microstream and also read that some stylus pro model might not even be able to have the head removed. I can't tell if the one I found is a c4 model (well worn on the outside finish) but it does have the knurled two piece tail cap that unscrews to replace the clicky rubber.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked at bunch of posts before posting my question and didn't find a definitive answer or a picture of the stylus pro with its head off. I found a bunch of info on the microstream and also read that some stylus pro model might not even be able to have the head removed. I can't tell if the one I found is a c4 model (well worn on the outside finish) but it does have the knurled two piece tail cap that unscrews to replace the clicky rubber.

I stand corrected you are right it was the microstream and a pig of a job it was as well for some. I suppose you could try the same way. Threadlock is produced and generally sold as medium and high. High is more like permanent and requires heat to remove.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Would be nice to figure out how to remove the guts of the newer c4 version that has the head and body as one piece.
There must be some way to do it without damaging parts. I would love to put the white light from a spare Stylus Pro C4 into a Real Tree Camo body Stylus Pro for EDC. Wonder how they are assembled at the factory. Do the put the guts in through the front and then snap/glue the lens in place or what? Maybe if I cut one in half the length of the light with a dremal I can reveal the secrets it holds. ;)