finicky sc600

justanotherguy

Enlightened
So, I use a pair of sc600's at work a lot...the other day one of them went into a coma...at first the LED was lit like 1 lumen.. then nothing. I tried several batteries...Checked the spring, swapped tailcaps.
Took it home, swapped tailcaps with the sc600w I have. Nothing..
I tried it one last time the next day and it's back, like nothing ever happened?
weird??

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, that's IS weird. I imagine you tried cleaning the end of the battery tube, where it makes contact with the tailcap? Anyway, glad to hear it's working again.

justanotherguy

Enlightened
And it's gone again...Darn it. Took it to work and got nothing....Brought it home and it worked with the SC600w tailcap, several times. Back and forth. work TC, no, home TC yes...3 times.
I was convinced it was some sort of tailcap anomaly... then it stopped working with both of them....
I wish it was easy to take apart and look for a bad solder joint...

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try using a paper clip to replace the tailcap connection? You know, remove the tailcap and use a paper clip, or some other metal strip, to compete the connection between the negative terminal on the battery and the end of the battery tube, then click the switch. If that works, then you know it's in the tailcap and you can dissect it, if necessary, to find the problem, maybe a loose spring or something.

And, if all else fails, ZL will repair it for $15. Only thing is it takes approx. 6 weeks, because after you ship it to them in Texas they ship it off to China for the actual repair. Still, it's better than a dead light.

Last edited:

SureAddicted

Enlightened
And, if all else fails, ZL will repair it for $15. Only thing is it takes approx. 6 weeks, because after you ship it to them in Texas they ship it off to China for the actual repair. Still, it's better than a dead light.

Interesting, So ZL lights aren't US made, otherwise why would the lights be sent to china for repair.....
Disappointing to hear actually.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once dropped my sc600 from about 5' and it stopped working. I've contacted ZL and within 1 day they gave me an RMA. I've sent it back to China, it took about 6 weeks and it's now back to live. They didn't change it, they repaired it and it still perfectly working.

Maybe I've been lucky but that's the only time I ever needed to use their waranty and I've been very satisfied.

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Did you try using a paper clip to replace the tailcap connection? You know, remove the tailcap and use a paper clip, or some other metal strip, to compete the connection between the negative terminal on the battery and the end of the battery tube, then click the switch. If that works, then you know it's in the tailcap and you can dissect it, if necessary, to find the problem, maybe a loose spring or something.

Well,I did get an RMA, no idea on cost or an estimate. Off it goes!

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
They don't estimate, you should have included a check for $15, that's the cost. I'm sure you probably do a PayPal thing, just contact customer service about it.

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Please use "USPS First Class Mail" to ship the defective light to:

ZebraLight, Inc.
Attn RMA (#xxxxxxxxx)
2908 W Story Rd.
Irving, TX 75038

Please leave a note with a detailed description of the issues you experience
with this light along with a return address.

My SC600 no longer works, the switch doesnt do anything...

Please include a copy of your original invoice for warranty services.

Estimated turnaround time is 6 weeks.

We will assume your shipping address is located in the US or Canada.

Please keep the shipping receipt, the copy of Customs, or a tracking # of your
returned package. We cannot be responsible for lost packages.
spacer.gif

It seems they think its a warranty claim....I gotta sort this out...

Last edited: