Requesting Input

ac0311

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Followed the light at the end of the tunnel & found this awesome forum. Am looking for any input on the Streamlight TL2 Xenon (this will be my personal all around light).

Any bulb recommendations for the 4D cell maglite & 2AA mini maglite? Looking for the hightest Lux output from a xenon bulb. Just planning to upgrade my current lights.

Thanx for any input. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all the TL series, and love them. They carry (as you probably know) a spare bulb within the light, and are brighter than most 2L lights. Good feel, quality, and I like the clip.

I'm running a 3 Cell Magnum bulb in my four cell Mag light, and it is brighter than heck. No smoke form the bulb in several hours of use.

Don't have the mini-mag.

tadbik

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ac0311 said:
Any bulb recommendations for the 4D cell maglite & 2AA mini maglite? Looking for the hightest Lux output from a xenon bulb. Just planning to upgrade my current lights.

Thanx for any input. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditch the maglites! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bright hello to you ac0311! Superb choice with the TL-2. I don't have one but feel it's an improvement on the older Scorpion that I do have. The TL-3 wouldn't be as easily carried so you probably got a very usable, well made, light.

In the future you will want to add a good LED light to your stable of photon stallions. LED's give longer run-time, very smooth, usable, light an are reliable in that they, usually, don't burn out.

Come on back soon ac.

ac0311

Newly Enlightened
So far a thumbs up on the TL2.

I'd ditch the maglites but them donut lights I have been together since Gulf I. Just a sentimental fool . . . So, am looking for anything to brighten them a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
ac311

You might find a halogen lamp that will replace stock lamps. Or perhaps try a Magnum star lamp.

Some people here modify the 2 C maglight to fit three lithium 123's and use a 5 or 6 cell light bulb (I think, never done it myself).

GregR

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the 2 C cell to 3/123 mod. Didn't even have to shorten the spring. Running a five cell Mag-Lite bulb in it, and it is simply WOW !

PVC pipe to hold the 123's is nice, but you could use rolled up cardboard or something similiar to keep the cells in line.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
It's not bright, but I would recommend the Opalec New Beam Module for the MiniMag. It's a great, long running light, for those times when there is no background light. I used two on a fishing trip in northern Canada. They were perfect.
oldgrandpajack