Vetting eBay Sellers

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought some reloading gear from WholeSaleHunter before and I've seen Ecop on Ebay, but never went through him.

I would think that WSH is good to go, but my sample size was one, or two, sales.

Chris

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can pretend all you want on the net,make yourself something you are not.If the seller has loads of good feedback it is always worth a shot.Just because a company has authorised dealers means diddly squat these days.Just think how the massive close out companies get hold of stock.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Ninegunner, I have bought a few items from eCop, but no Surefire items. The items I did buy were authentic, and I had one item that had a defect and their customer service was quick to respond and treated me well. They have good prices, but you will notice the steeply discounted items are usually no longer in production. The newest Surefire items seem to be within a reasonable range.

There is another eBay seller that advertises Surefire weapon mount lights for $59. List price $300. When you look at the photos, the only item that actually has the word "Surefire" on it is an orange packing box that is always the last photo on the site. That one is easy to avoid.

I also recommend only buying Surefire batteries directly from Surefire-there are so many counterfeit batteries out there, and if using a two or three cell light, the risk for turning your light into a pipe bomb is real. Granted, a very low probability, but if you can buy authentic Surefire batteries for less than $2 apiece from Surefire, why take the chance. If there are other Flashaholics near you, I recommend buying in lots of 72 or greater and splitting the cost. With a 10 year shelf life it's a good investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

wedlpine

Enlightened
I have bought several items from ecop! and have had no problems. I have noticed though that the location of items vary. Some came from Michigan and some from the deep south.