Make a switch easier to locate?

matt4350

Enlightened
Hi all,

I have a sideswitch flashlight (SR52), I'm finding it difficult to easily locate the switch by touch quickly when it's dark. I'd be interested to know if others have come up with a solution to making a relatively flush switch easily locatable. I've thought of glueing a tab on top of the switch (prob rubber), as building a shoulder or similar would likely be beyond me. I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.....

cyclesport

Enlightened
Simply add a drop of clear (or any color you prefer) silicone bathtub caulk to the switch face and let dry. If you use too much, it's easily trimmed with an Exacto knife or razor blade to suit your taste. I've done this to many flush, hard to find by touch, electronic side switch lights...works great.

steveg270

Newly Enlightened
Simply add a drop of clear (or any color you prefer) silicone bathtub caulk to the switch face and let dry. If you use too much, it's easily trimmed with an Exacto knife or razor blade to suit your taste. I've done this to many flush, hard to find by touch, electronic side switch lights...works great.

I like the idea! I have a LD12 and the way I find the switch pretty easily is I simply rotate the belt clip to line up with the switch. It works fairly well. All you have to do is feel for the clip then you know the switch is at the very end of the clip.