The Best OD/Camo Tent

Jack Daniels

Newly Enlightened
I think the fun of having the brightest and best flashlight is being outdoors, at night, and maybe in the woods. That's where we shine.:rolleyes:

So if you're in the woods, at night, you must have a tent. So what tent do you have?

I hope it's not blue. Or red. You should have an olive drab tent. Or a camouflage tent. I've searched all over, and nothing has caught my eye. Nothing by SOL. No reputable brand names. I found some good bivvies, and some emergency sleeping bags. And I found a reflective mylar tent that I liked, but it was red. I would like a reflective (Space blanket) mylar tent that's olive drab. Or a camo dome tent for two. I found a few, but they were made by no-names from China.

So what would you bring with you in the wilderness to sleep in when you don't want to attract attention to yourself?

Jack Daniels

Newly Enlightened
You want a lavvo. It's the Sami equivalent to a Tipi.

Just Google that. You'll find some bombproof makers of these.

obi

Thank you, Obi.
Your comment led me to Bergen's of Norway, from a Google search of the lavvo. Bergen's has them, but they also have a nice OD tunnel tent, and I really like it. It's a little pricey at $600, but it looks like the best design I've seen.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well not the brightest torch for starters,i would use something more tactical 007 like,suggest you try ex army supplies for a good used tent.

scout24

Flashaholic
OD or camo? Try wyominglostandfound.com I have a camo tipi from them working on 5 years old that still looks great. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Taz80

Enlightened
You sleep in the woods in a tent? Seriously? I'm thinken camo R.V.:nana: