Screw size for Steve Ku V10R 18650 battery tube clip screws.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently I acquired a Ku V10R Ti 18650 battery tube. The purchase didn't come with a clip but it is threaded for the clip which Steve provided originally (a D10 clip I believe - I could be wrong). The screw holes are much to small for the standard 4-40 machine screw size that lights like the McGizmo and Macs lights use, but they look to be centered just right so that type of clip could be attached.

Would anyone happen to know the screw size so that I can pick up a couple of screws for it?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve actually replied quite quickly. The screw size is M2x.40mm. What does that mean exactly - I'm not so good with screw sizing.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it means 2mm diameter, x 40mm long. Usually the spec also states thread pitch, but when it does not it means it is common.

I actually did a bit of digging. The M2 spec does define that it is 2mm wide. But, the x .40mm actually defines the thread pitch meaning it is 0.40mm between threads. A bit different than the way the imperial system seems to specify thread pitch in threads per inch. Length of the screw is not specified, but I found the ones Steve used appear to have been 6mm long.

JasonH

Enlightened
Haha I was in the middle of posting as you posted right before me.