Nitecore ea8 not turning on

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
I have a nitecore ea8 and I may have left it on for an extended period of time. When I tried to turn it on the light turned on dim then went out. I put new batteries in it and the led indicator shows that it the batteries are fine but then the light turns on dim and goes out. The flashlight is in flawless condition and I've never dropped it or gotten it wet. I'm wondering if the led some how got burnt out or too hot even with the step down when I left it on which I don't think I did. Any help is welcome thanks.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there and sorry to here,usual contacts cleaned and all spotless threads i presume just to rule out.

After that,its a large light so left on or not it is faulty,after seeing some pics of the internals its far from over kill regarding any heat dissipating measures. I would be contacting nitecore,mentioning this thread and mention many also interested in outcome. If nothing back(may have a holiday over in China.........dont know but its always something to bare in mind) allow 24-48hrs and send again. It took me a week with fenix,similar issue but small light ,just worked at 1st then flickered to nothing..........I am not one for backing down out of principle so my emails got more to the point with more harsh but polite wording. Once i got a mail back all was good and contact was good,just the 1st mail(same with klarus too).

Just to add the above is if bought from China or an over seas retailer. If local hopefully the outcome will be a lot quicker/easier. Thats one issue with ordering from over seas,its always a pita and could involve sending light off for weeks/months in total...................no matter if nitecore or fenix or .............(thats a presumption as i dont know where purchased)

Sure other advise on its way,i can only say what i would do and have done,good luck,if it does come to contacting nitecore dont back down and i hope what ever the outcome its as swift and professional as it can be.

Regards ven

ven

Flashaholic
No problem,you will get it sorted!!! its just a case of potential frustration and time.

Was it purchased local or over seas,what retailer?

From there may vary advice for you............

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
I purchased it through amazon. I may take up a case with them even though it's over the replacement time. I don't think I left it on the more I think about it so I don't know what's going on

ven

Flashaholic
Any light can fail,so nothing to look too far into things,either left on or not it should not have failed.................simple as that Blglover.

Amazon are usually great so hopefully that will work out better than i anticipated...........:)

Good luck and please report back,also if need to contact nitecore you can link here too(if needed).

Regards ven:thumbsup:

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
I talked to amazon customer support and because I have all the original packaging they are giving me a refund or the same light. I'm picking the refund so that way I can pick out the fenix tk35:) I'm pleased with how well amazon handled this and I'm very happy now that everything is sorted out lol

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
I think I'm going for the ld60 since I'm getting the refund for the ea8 I'll just have to throw down some more money but that light seems pretty cool

ven

Flashaholic
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?391417-LD60vn-Baby-TK75vn&p=4525944

:whistle:

Tbh i have had no nitecore issues,i have fenix too,one of them i did but it was the e25 and as good as DOA .

Fenix are a good brand,any issues would require similar problems that nitecore bring(sending off) other than purchases off amazon..

Reason for link.......customer service is 2nd to none,and you mentioned the ld60 and thats just popped up today :laughing:
Vinh beefs up components better than factory just to put that out of mind.

Either way i think nice choice,i really want one but i will defo be going for the ld60vn with the u3 de-dome.

Regards ven:)

Oh and as Chris says,buy once cry once...............so true:thumbsup:

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
I'm definitely ordering more stuff on amazon because of their customer service. I ordered that ea8 about 5-6 months ago and they're still giving me a refund

ven

Flashaholic
That is good,at the end of the day its what gives you piece of mind,investing in potentially $150 of light,i am sure thats a big concern(as it would be with most and certainly me).

Good luck with the new light once bought,if you could, impressions would be great,pics also would be even better:whistle:

:)

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
And has anybody ordered off the fenix gear website? It's cheaper than amazon but if they're customer service isn't as good as amazon I'll probably end up paying a little more for the good customer service