• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired All Sold! Silver Plated, Copper Triple Emitter P60 Shells

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
*** Shells are now available ***

Hi all,

Given my recent frustrations with a particular project, I have decided to take my mind off it momentarily by going back to doing something I can actually finish...

I have recently updated my P60 shell design. Initially I will have 50 units available and the specs are as follows:

• 20mm triple shell
  • CNC machined - very high quality
  • Solid copper
  • Thick silver plating
  • Accepts 20mm MCPCBs
  • Suits carclo 20mm (10XXX series) optics or similar
  • Accepts 17mm drivers with 10mm internal depth
  • 3.8mm of space behind the driver when installed. This means that assuming a 1.6mm thick PCB, components 3.8mm or less in height will sit below the rim at the rear of the pill
  • 4mm diameter central hole for LED+ and LED- wiring
  • Threaded grounding hole with matching allen key bolt (which is supplied with the shell) for easy grounding of driver - simply solder a grounding wire to your driver, wrap the exposed wire around the bolt and screw in. No messy soldering to the pill, or relying on a press fit for good grounding.
  • Flat spring shelf for increased compatibility with P60 hosts (OR TL tubes in particular). Springs will not be supplied.
  • External dimensions on the shell remain the same as my previous versions, so fitment is pretty much guaranteed with all hosts albeit with foil required in some cases. Basically, you shouldn't ever have an issue with a shell not being able to be installed.

I must apologize for the picture. I only have my 2 year old SG3 to take photos with at the moment!

80Q4WZk.jpg

These shells are better machined than my first run, and much heavier as well. More copper :)

Yes the screw hole for the grounding ring goes right through the shell. There is no reason why this would have impact on the ability of the shell to do its job.

The cost will $5040USD per shell, and $30USD per additional shell. This price includes standard world-wide airmail shipping. Additional shipping methods are available - please PM me for costs and PayPal details. From experience shipping times are typically 2 weeks to almost all international destinations.

Australian buyers can purchase the shells for $35AUD shipped via standard post. Again, alternate domestic shipping methods are available - please PM me for costs and PayPal details.

As always questions and comments are welcome.

Thanks,

- Matt

Paid and Packed List

Darwin Lopez (email) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
DuncanHynes (CPF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
LightJunk (CPF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
SOYCD (CPF) - 13 - Paid - Shipped
DrafterDan (CPF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
m4a1usr (CPF) - 3 - Paid - Shipped
xv-750 (BLF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
Grantman321 (BLF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
Texas Shooter (BLF) - 2 - Paid - Shipped
LSX (BLF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
MustSimon (BLF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
Sparkey762 (BLF) - 2 - Paid - Shipped
DBCstm (CPF) - 2 - Paid - Shipped
Rufusbduck (BLF) - 2 - Paid - Shipped
Bushwhacked (BLF) - 5 - Paid - Shipped
MRsDNF (BLF) - 1- Paid - Shipped
AndyF (CPF) - 2 - Paid
DragonHead - (BLF) - 5 - Paid - Shipped

All Gone!

Last edited:

bushwhacked

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: Silver Plated, Copper Triple Emitter P60 Shells (Coming Soon)

Good to see you take your frustrations out in a positive way.
I'm sure you'll figure out your other project.

Very nice shell.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Matt - the re-design on these looks really nice.

EDIT - I misread. 17mm driver is the size.

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Matt - the re-design on these looks really nice.

EDIT - I misread. 17mm driver is the size.

What did you initially think the driver size was? I never read your original post. I'm open to suggestions for any future revisions.

- Matt

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

What did you initially think the driver size was? I never read your original post. I'm open to suggestions for any future revisions.

- Matt

Matt - I mis-read it and thought the driver size was 20mm. 17mm is perfect as that is the most common for the 105C and its various programming iterations.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah, yes. All good. I thought you might have had some super driver that needed a larger diameter to fit :)

texas cop

Enlightened

Well you got me for two already. Do you think it has enough room in the triple for 16mm 12x71350 slave board stacked under a Qlite double stacked with 7135's. 24-7135's can't be too many? This will be my first triple XP-L.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well you got me for two already. Do you think it has enough room in the triple for 16mm 12x71350 slave board stacked under a Qlite double stacked with 7135's. 24-7135's can't be too many? This will be my first triple XP-L.

There will be room, definitely. The Qlite may not sit on the grounding shelf, but with the grounding screw in place a ground point will be easily achieved. There's also plenty of depth on the reverse of the Qlite so you may not even have too many chips sticking out the back. You may be better off running two 12x7135 slaves with a non-stacked Qlite? 8 chips on the Qlite, 12 on the first slave, and then just 4 on the second slave board. It should all fit, and there's less stacking so better heat management.

Or just use a direct driver driver (like the BLF17DD) and get even more power :devil:

- Matt

m4a1usr

Enlightened

What exactly does "no taper towards the base" mean? They don't fit Surefire bodies? Looking forward to these being available Matt. BTW thanks for all your help I finally found an XML EZW driver. John

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Matt - I'll take 12 of these. Maybe more but definitely 12. :) I'll PM you to work out the payment.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

What exactly does "no taper towards the base" mean? They don't fit Surefire bodies? Looking forward to these being available Matt. BTW thanks for all your help I finally found an XML EZW driver. John

They definitely fit surefire bodies. I'll upload some pics and and a good explanation of why I've done this tonight.

Glad you found what you were looking for :)

m4a1usr

Enlightened

Did you make these before Matt? I got one similar off CPFMP earlier this year that almost perfectly meets your current ad. Had a center drilled hole as well. Found a MAC's triple XPG to use and its been a wall of light but it has haunted me as to the origin of the P60? I'm in for a couple so if your building a list let me know where to put my order in at.

ruke

Enlightened

Are these what vinh bought fromyou?

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did you make these before Matt? I got one similar off CPFMP earlier this year that almost perfectly meets your current ad. Had a center drilled hole as well. Found a MAC's triple XPG to use and its been a wall of light but it has haunted me as to the origin of the P60? I'm in for a couple so if your building a list let me know where to put my order in at.

Yes. See the text above the photo: "Here's a place holder picture of the last batch I ran."

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are these what vinh bought fromyou?

I did design and machine the ones Vinh is using, but these are not the same. His are quads, whilst mine are triples. There are a few other differences as well, but nothing earth shattering.

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mac machined his own pills but the design is similar. Mine is better though ;)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

For those wondering about the flat spring shelf and "no taper" this is what I mean:

dqoychn.jpg

Above is a picture of the very first drop-ins I ever made on the left, and my last run on the right. The taper can clearly be seen towards the bottom of the shell on the right.

The taper has been removed again so that a grounding spring can be used like below:

9ugUqhT.jpg

Why the spring? The main reason is to ensure compatibility with Oveready P60 adapters. The OR adapters are fully anodized on the inside apart from a small flat shelf that the official Oveready P60 drop-ins ground on. Without the spring, my drop-ins won't work in OR tubes without a lot of mucking around. Another benefit is improved grounding, and some shock absorption characteristics as well.

- Matt