Which flashlight should be the next one and why?

fleegs

Enlightened
If you had to choose between a SF L4, a SF L5, an Arc LS4, or an Arc LS5 which one would you choose and why? I am trying to decide which will be the next light I will buy. Thanks.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I don't have an SF L5, but since the ARC LS4 & LS5 aren't available as of yet...if you don't have a SF L4...YOU MUST BUY ONE OF THESE! Then your next purchase could be the ARC LS4!

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Hi fleegs:

Depends on what you currently have and use, and what you plan to use the flashlight for.

I'm kind of(?) in a similar situation. I currently have an ARC LSL. I decided that I am going to buy an LS4 when it comes out. I don't have any SureFires, and I was deciding between the L4 and L5. Decided to order the L5... I'm picking it up very soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Figure it will have better throw than the L4, and that's what I want at the moment.

Of course, eventually, I will probably end up with more...

So, it really depends on what you want to use the light for.

Cheers,
eric t

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you will find the L5 too large. IMO, I think the L4 is a fabulous light. You really should buy one. Might be a while for the LS4/LS5.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am getting the LS4 myself (when it comes out)
The ability to adjust the light output to your needs, the reflector, great Arc quality and ability to run on 2 AA batteries make it the light I want.
It is great to know that I can read a book in the dark and see a long distance with the same light. The light will "kick down" the brightness levels when the battery can't handle the load and that will make it a great light for EDC, emergencies and world travels (with 2 AA pack)

mporter

Newly Enlightened
Re: Which flashlight should be the next one and wh

Get both the L4 and the L5. Use the L4 around the house. The L5 is better for walking at night.

Also get some Pila 168S rechargable Li-Ion batteries. They work great in both the L4 and the L5.

fleegs

Enlightened

Thanks for all the replies.

I panicked yesterday and bought the L5. After reading that Surefire and Arc might increase in price in 2004 and seeing that "all" the Arcs are out of stock and the L5 was out of stock in a few places. I panicked and screamed "Oh $##@ I need one and can't wait". Plus, I have the ARC LSH-P as a great "around the house" light. I could go on and on justifying it but I am sure everyone at this forum understands.

Now that the crisis is over...I will definitely get (very afraid of there not being enough to go around) the LS4 and LS5 because Arc seems like (is?) a great company. Plus I love that Peter said he is going to underdrive the LS5 to make it easier to carry.

Thanks again and I hope everyone stumbles upon a sack of surefire and arc flashlights. A sack that no one owns because I know everyone here would try and try to find the sacks owner.

Happy New Year. May it be bright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened

Fleegs:

I'm sure you'll like the L5. I just picked mine up yesterday, and I love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm tempted to get an L4, but I don't mind EDCing the L5 in my jacket pocket until I get a holster for it. Like you, I'm looking forward to the LS4/5. I can't justify a "need" for an L4 if I use the L5, but I may eventually just fall under the "buy both" trap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Enjoy your light!

Greengoose

Newly Enlightened

Ive tried looking for information on the ARC LS5 and cant seem to find any web pages describing it. I found info on the LS4 thou. Whats the diffrence?
-Bryan

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

The LS4 is a 1 watt, multi brightness level light. The LS5 is the 5 watt version which isnt due for release until after the LS4.