JETBeam WL-S4 - 2600 Lumens MT-G2

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
K8J82E2.png

http://jetbeamlight.gotoip3.com/ShowProducts.asp?ID=64

Last edited by a moderator:

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I'm excited about this one. I like seeing that more manufacturers are using the MT-G2 LED. The beam pattern and tint are usually great.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's interesting to me is the ability to run four 16340s in the light.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never said I wanted to do that, I just said I find it interesting.

Taz80

Enlightened
I would like this light more with their variable magnetic ring, six modes is alot to scroll through. I like this form better than the fat lights, its much easier to carry or slip into a pocket. For me anyway.

stienke

Enlightened
I can not believe it runs 2.8 hour on full power with two 18650 cells, I think runtime in Turbo and high are not good , correct me if I'm wrong , with this led I prefer three or four 18650's at least.

LowFlux

Enlightened
It's an M1X boday with a MT-G2 LED instead of a first generation MC-E or second generation XML. They probably haven't done anything to improve the heat sinking either...history repeats itself.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can not believe it runs 2.8 hour on full power with two 18650 cells, I think runtime in Turbo and high are not good , correct me if I'm wrong , with this led I prefer three or four 18650's at least.
Not even if I see it. This light probably has 3 different timed stepdowns for each mode!

coaking

Newly Enlightened

screen cap
I have one. It is a fully functional prototype.
Ideal search light. They will be made only in OP reflector. I would like to see it with SMO reflector. UI is good. So far good light.
Regards

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must... have... beam... shots... :)

I kind of wish more makers would build 2 18650 light like this, but do what Thrunite did with the Catapult V5 and basically make it an aluminum maul. Doesn't it weight around 600g or something crazy? That kind of weight on a light like this would surely ease any stepdown necessity. Or at least make it go a lot longer before stepdown.

Scratch that. Here is hoping Thrunite just does that ;)

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait.... it's just over 100 dollars? Wow I'm glad I didn't buy a way over 1000 lumen light in the past few years. That's crazy performance for the price. Google shows 112 dollars on sites like Battery Junction.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
has anyone been using this yet ? i liked the german review and it really looks like a great light, i prefer this style to the Phat 3/4x18650 can jobies.
i am wondering how hot it gets. looks like in the review it always hits turbo when needed as the batteries die down, that is very good. good mode spacing too for all tasks.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
has anyone been using this yet ? i liked the german review and it really looks like a great light, i prefer this style to the Phat 3/4x18650 can jobies.
i am wondering how hot it gets. looks like in the review it always hits turbo when needed as the batteries die down, that is very good. good mode spacing too for all tasks.

I like it a lot. I'm a big fan of the floody, high output MT-G2 lights.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks, does it start to cook on turbo or is it safe ? say i used turbo and when it stepped down i put it back up again for another ago ? considering it will be used on chilly winter nights im hoping its not a bad design ?