Arc LS Question (need spacer component maybe?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened
Hi guys,

I'm not sure who to ask about this, so I'll try here. I recently bought an ARC LS off of ebay. I think they guy bought the parts from Peter, and then kind of customized the electronics as it has a little switch on the board to adjust brightness, apparently switching between 200ma and 400ma. Anyway, the light is great except for 1 small problem. The little black foam rubber ring that protects/cushions the positive nipple of the battery has come loose, and now interferes with the operation. I have taken it off and use a clickie tail, but I want the ability to use the twistie if I need to. So, my question is, what is the stock spacer made of/look like, and what would be a good thing to use, or where can I get another?

Thanks.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my LSHF just this December along with one of the closeout unanodized twisties. When I asked for some extra foam spacers and o-rings, they sent me a few of each included with the package.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe they are left overs from the old stock. I can understand why they're probably not making any more though.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc LS Question (need spacer component maybe?)

I suspect that they are the new ones for the AA. I don't see why they can't be used in a LS.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
kitelights said:
I suspect that they are the new ones for the AA. I don't see why they can't be used in a LS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I never thought of that.

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened

Well,

I'm waiting for the AAA PEs to come back into stock and maybe I'll ask for a spacer to be added to the order then.

Thanks for your input guys.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

might it work if you stuck the spacer into the bottom of the twisty battery tube?

fuelblender

Enlightened

I purchased an un-anodized twisty for my ARC LSH-P a few weeks ago and I don't use a spacer at all. The light works fine. The extra room created in the battery case when the light is off is very little (maybe .025") so the battery rattle is next to nothing.

bodo

Newly Enlightened

I asked Peter for LS1 foam spacer a week ago. Got reply about discontinued production of it. His advice was to try an ARC AA foam spacer. It looks like AA foam fits in LS.

bodo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts