New to me 007 coming

P7rancher

Newly Enlightened
Reading reading reading, lots of information.

This light goes to 3300ma. I am ordering four IMR 16340 cells, correct? I have a Pila charger so assume that will work?

Would love to have the "button" insert that goes on the knob for tritium inserts. Any idea how to locate one? Where is the best place to get tritium inserts now?

Hope to get a little help.....decided to take the plunge on this beautiful light.....need some new friends to help me learn how to run it :wave:

Kind regards,
Steve

Zandar

Enlightened
Welcome to the Cool Fall club. I'm not an expert but I'll give it a go. Yes, you are right you must use the "Red" IMR batteries to get to 3300 mAmp. I only use A W batteries in my SPY and l highly recommend them. I haven't used the pila so I'll let the experts chime in here. Mohanjude was the last member to make tritinum button inserts but unfortunately He no longer does so, You can always post a want to buy thread. Look at the owners manual thread for the 007 and be sure to look at the revision 3 software update section. Ignore the programming videos as there for earlier models. Be sure to read programming the XML-2 SPY 007 thread for the correct information. Hope this helps. Zandar

P7rancher

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Zandar. Any more help on the Pila charger and IMR 16340 cells?

If anyone has a tritium button insert they would sell please PM.

IsaacL

Enlightened
Yes, your charger is fine. The IBC Pila charges CC/CV at 600mA. While AW IMR 16340's are rated at 550mAh, they can be charged at a maximum rate of 1,500mA.

Oveready is an authorized dealer of AW cells. There are other dealers but make sure they are authorized, otherwise you are getting fakes :shakehead

Thank you Zandar. Any more help on the Pila charger and IMR 16340 cells?

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for the knob, yes they are cool, but on some of my SPY's I've just installed trits into the recessed area of the knob using the white craft glue. It dries very clear and you can just add a couple drops of water to soften it up to remove & change your trit selection. Just position the trits with a pin or toothpick. Then once the base glue sets you can add another layer on top.
My SPYs get used in the rain and I've never lost a trit.
You can find those over in the Market Place. Search for B@rt

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dental floss through the lanyard, then put the 2 threads together and feed through the bead.
Hold the dental floss tight and push the bead onto the lanyard.

Then floss through hole on SPY, loop lanyard around itself and you're done.