Olight M3X battery help

doctoradh

Newly Enlightened
Hello
I'm currently waiting for my M3X to arrive, but am unsure as to what batteries to get and whether there are fitting issues with the longer protected 18650s? Has anyone got experience of this, as the UK distributor aren't too clear on this? I am thinking of the PANASONIC NCR18650B, but these are 70mm long so am concerned a pair of these may not fit, or have issues?
I am off on a trip a week on friday so need to get the batteries asap! Any advice much appreciated. I've tried to search on here but am finding conflicting information.
thanks
Adam

Bob Damon

Enlightened
I have used protected and unprotected in the M3X with no issues. The Panasonic should be fine.

istargazer

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up my M3X yesterday and put in 2 protected Panasonic 18650 3400mah (labeled "EVVA") but I think they may be a bit too long. I have to back the extender out in order for the flashlight to turn on. The problem is that it's not consistent and I have to keep playing around with it in order to be able to use the flashlight at all. Sometimes the extender has to backed out a lot; other times, not so much. I'm also worried that with the extender out, water resistance will be compromised.

I've ordered another set of protected Panasonics from another vender to see if will make a difference, but I'm wondering if there is a specific brand with a more "uniform" build or shorter size that I would have better luck with?

dondulah

Newly Enlightened
I have an M3X, it worked fine with cheap Trustfire batteries which fit fine. I have some new Panasonic MAH 3400 NCR18650B from Int'l Outdoor. The batteries seem to wide. I have to push with force to get the batteries into the tube. Again, I am talking width, not length. I am afraid if I push it too far, I would not be able to get it out. I spent a nice penny on these batteries. I have some sanyo unprotected but am afraid to use unprotected with two cells. Any advice?

istargazer

Newly Enlightened
My batteries are a snug fit and seem to get tighter when they are warm. If the batteries don't come out on their own, you can always remove the head and push them out.

dondulah

Newly Enlightened
My batteries are a snug fit and seem to get tighter when they are warm. If the batteries don't come out on their own, you can always remove the head and push them out.
Right, it's really really tight. I forced it, it scraped some of the decal off the battery. I don't think it made good contact. The m3x would not work. Has anyone got this particular battery to work. Does anyone run unprotected Sanyo 2600 through here?

dondulah

Newly Enlightened
Right, it's really really tight. I forced it, it scraped some of the decal off the battery. I don't think it made good contact. The m3x would not work. Has anyone got this particular battery to work. Does anyone run unprotected Sanyo 2600 through here?
Anyone?

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I don't have any experience with that light or those batteries but I would NOT use two unprotected batteries in series because there is a chance of a big bang if they go off balance :)

bdogps

Enlightened

Have you removed the sticker that has the battery image on it? It's inside the tube, I found that by removing this sticker, the batteries would slide out fine.