Pelican 3310PL

DougC80

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone used this light? Its a 3 AA photoluminescent led light.

• High/Low/Flashing Modes - 234 lumen and 28 lumen
  • Batteries: 3 AA Alkaline (Included)
  • IPX7 Waterproof

I have a couple cheapo glow in the dark lights and love em, just wish they were a little more sturdy and brighter. Looks like its retailing for around $40.

[h=1][/h]

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice two new pelican 3xAA's. THeir tailcaps are tethered... just to the inside of the body, or to a battery carrier?

I think I'd take the nonglowing 3315 version of it, with a single mode that splits the difference between the 3310's hi & lo. THanks for the heads up.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone used this light? Its a 3 AA photoluminescent led light.

• High/Low/Flashing Modes - 234 lumen and 28 lumen
  • Batteries: 3 AA Alkaline (Included)
  • IPX7 Waterproof

I have a couple cheapo glow in the dark lights and love em, just wish they were a little more sturdy and brighter. Looks like its retailing for around $40.

Yeah, saw this also. Cool looking practical light. Wonder if it can handle lithiums?

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a sucker for glow in the dark stuff. Even if the light itself is not a blinding wall of light, I might have to get it... In fact, I will get it, I'm hooked...

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a big fan of Pelican's GITD offerings.

While I've never played with this specific model,
I have a couple of a different model floating around, and you just need to leave them somewhere with light,
preferably sunlight, but even overheard lighting will do.

Really useful when you need the light in a pinch and quite brainless.

More than once the feature has helped me locate the light when I needed it.

retrodog

Newly Enlightened
I picked up one of these at a local store last night. Gotta say it certainly is bright. Hard to believe it will get 8 hrs on high. But I'm gonna give it a shot. The light is very bright, and very focused. The primary beam has a low spread area, at about 2' out at 30' away. There is a broad dispersion secondary field that is quite wide, but notably less bright. Initial testing outdoors was favorable, but the primary beam still works more like a spotlight. Testing inside was ok too, as the secondary illumination would light up a room very well. The low setting was adequate for indoor use. The flashing setting will just pulse the light at about 1 hz (not an SOS morse code like other lights I have).

The size is a bit bigger than what we're use to for a AA battery light, but it works well in how they make the main body sort of rectangular, in an ergonomic way. It's a very nice size and shape for holding/handling. They have a key on the lanyard for battery compartment locking/unlocking but a standard screwdriver would work fine. Well that's all I've got to say about it so far so more testing to go...