Maratac AAA Rev 3 issue.. Need guidance VIDEO ADDED

Mgizler

Enlightened
Need some help here guys.

I have been carrying mt maratac aaa Rev 3 since it came in the mail a few months back. It has worked flawlessly until this morning. I turned the light on, came on in Medium, then went to cycle to low, and nothing... So I started cycling the modes and nothing. Every so many on off cycles it would kick on in Medium.

Since I was getting ready for work when this was happening, I did not have time to mess with it until I actually arrived at work.

I pull it out of my pocket, cycle the light and it comes on as it should and cycles through the modes once.. Now what its doing is turning on in medium, and when you switch it to low or High, the light takes about 5-6 seconds to come on.

It is very inconsistent and hard to replicate.

So first thing I did was put a fresh aaa into it and experienced the same results.

Not sure whats up with it. I know we just had to send my dads AAA Cu maratac back to county comm for a driver issue. Im kind of bummed since I really love this light now. Took some time for it to grow on me, and it certainly has.

Any advice guys?

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Maratac AAA Rev 3 issue.. Need guidance

Check the contacts - Wipe down the lip of the body tube, and with a soft CLOTH gently wipe the threads and contact board in the head. Does that help?

Mgizler

Enlightened

Cleaned everything up. Made no difference. It's hit or miss.

I will try to make a video.

I already sent an email to mike at countycomm.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Check the contacts - Wipe down the lip of the body tube, and with a soft CLOTH gently wipe the threads and contact board in the head. Does that help?

YES THAT HELPS!! No wait.........you were talking about flashlights! :devil:

Seriously, I have 2. Neither has has this issue. It does sound like a contact issue. Strange. CC will take care of you. That's why I always buy 2 of each light! lol

Mgizler

Enlightened

YES THAT HELPS!! No wait.........you were talking about flashlights! :devil:

Seriously, I have 2. Neither has has this issue. It does sound like a contact issue. Strange. CC will take care of you. That's why I always buy 2 of each light! lol

HAHA.

I am working on a uploading a video that I made to show what it happening. Sometimes its worse than others.

Just stinks because I wasn't so hot on this light when I first got it compared to the Rev2, but it has really grown on me in the last few months. I still have my CU aaa Rev2 I can carry or me Peak Eiger in the meantime until I get this figured out.

Mgizler

Enlightened

http://youtu.be/kn9QOEV1_AM

See if that works

Ok. If I let the light sit for a few minutes, the longer the better, It will cycle through the modes just fine once, then do as it does in the video.

Sometimes it will only ever turn on in one mode ever. I have tried multiple batteries, and also cleaning the threads/contacts with no luck.

Let me know what you guys think.

Mgizler

Enlightened
Update. I let the light sit for the weekend while I was busy.

Tonight I took some isopropyl alcohol and scrubbed the contacts in the head, and rubbed down any and all contact areas.

Tossed a fresh aaa into it and it is working flawlessly.

Thanks got the advice guys.

Mark.

Latest posts