Klarus xt2c owners - can you help?

autopilot

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at the Klarus xt2c for general police duties (not firearms). I'm going from a LED Lenser P7 (yes I know). A few questions;

How hot do these things get in high mode? Too hot to attach to my vest or put in my pocket?

Do the different battery options effect output or just runtime?

I'm worried the new models might be too bright and I could end up hurting people's eyes. Problem?

Do they remember the last mode? I find constantly cycling modes on most torches annoying. I would also like to go to medium first most of the time - (including momentary press to quickly illuminate the ground without removing it from my vest).

With the Klarus xt2c fit the bill? Otherwise I'm looking at the Fenix range, who do they compare to the Klarus!

Thanks.

autopilot

Newly Enlightened
Actually I think I have just convinced my self that it's the Fenix PD35 that I want.

kj2

Flashaholic
XT-series have no memory. Always high first. Different battery-type shouldn't effect output but can effect runtime. These can get hot after a few minutes on high, but that's the same for the PD35, although it has a larger heat-fin area.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
You really want to use 18650 with the XT2C. CR123 does not provide much run time.

The light was designed to provide instant access to high and strobe, because those are what you will need for critical use. A quick push of the mode button will take you from high to medium.

Unless someone is going to stare into the light, I doubt you would hurt anyone's eyes.

The light will reduce its output when it starts to get hot.