Flashlight Travel case?

RH

Enlightened
I'm looking for a soft sided, removable foam case to put my smaller LED flashlights and accessories in. Another user posted a pic of his Pelican micro 1020 and this is the ideal size and layout, I just don't need that kind of protection. I would rather have a soft case.

Thanks for any suggestions or pics of others cases.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd try a local gun show.

Everyone I have been to in the last few years has several vendors selling generic nylon pistol, magazine, and ammo cases of about every conceiveable size, and shape. Inexpensive too.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone know of any online sources for either a soft case or good selection of small Pelican cases?

maybe even a less expensive alternative to the Pelican?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
ChrisM, The Battery Station has a full selection of the Pelican cases. You can get to it through their CPF member specials page here:

The Battery Station CPF Members page

I have two of the Pelican Micro Case series so far, the 1010 and 1030. They are terrific little cases and inexpensive in my opinion. Tough, waterproof, purge valved, cool looking!

BC

mporter

Newly Enlightened
The best small flashlight case solution I have found was free. I went to my local optometrist with the lights I wanted to carry and tried out hard shell eyeglasses cases. They come in all thicknesses and I found one that would carry both a SF L4 and a SF A2 at the same time. A little foam cut to fit the top of the case holds the lights in place. Now they no longer bang together in my pocket.

I also got a very thin case that I fitted with foam to carry 8 spare batteries.

The nice thing about glasses cases is that they are designed to be pocketable objects with rounded corners. They are easy to find and fish out of a deep coat pocket.

Most places that sell glasses have boxes of spare cases and are happy to give them to you, especially if you are a previous customer.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisM said:
Do the ones from batterystation come with the foam?

[/ QUOTE ]

ChrisM, they come with the padded liner as illustrated. If the case is a solid color (top and bottom, not the clear case) then there will also be a foam pad in the top.

If you want the Pick'n'Pluck foam insert it is $4.00 for the 1030 case for example.

CPFer Kevin at [email protected] will be able to answer specific questions better than I.

BC

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
well I am kind of a nut when it comes to things, like holsters, flashlights, tools, travel cases ect..ect..ect..

I am always taking them apart, and figuring someway to modify them for better use. So it is not really a surprose that owning several small flashlights that I would try to figure out the best way to carry them.

I carry an A2, 12 batterries, a chemlight, a small multitool, colored filters, lanyards, and spare bulbs, that all fit in small digital camera case with belt loops.

I wanted something a little fancier so I picked up a small mead 5 star day planner (the guts come right out) and I am going to look at using that to hold 2 lights, and accessories. Got it for about $10.00.

Then I thought I wanted something a little nicer for my A2 so I got a PDA, and cell phone organizer from ebay for about $4.00.

You can also look at things like digital camera cases, toiletry organizers, soft sided cd carriers, and so on, and so on.

I would only recomend one with a full zipper to prevent rattling, and digging.

Here are a couple of scans. I don't have digital Camera yet.
http://members.cox.net/bravo25/A2%20Case%201.jpg
http://members.cox.net/bravo25/A2%20Case%202.jpg

DanM

Newly Enlightened
I have good luck with a CD player case from caselogic, two large pockets and a nice strap.

For single lights (like the K5 or C3) the cases used to carry face plates for car stereo work great. Both can be gotten at Best Buy.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
sweet! I like those ideas!
picts as well as make/models/where to purchase would also be nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif