Zebralight SC600 II L2 battery very hard to install and almost impossible to remove

ozarkguns

Newly Enlightened
Looking into the flashlight battery tube there was a small strip of grey sealant which ran from the positive corridor half way back to the tail cap on the inside of battery compartment. I hope this was a QC issue and not a design flaw. I removed the strip and the battery will go both ways with gravity alone. Light works great.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy ozarkguns, and welcome to CPF!
This definitely sounds like a QC issue, and I'm glad you were able to correct it so easily. The SC600 is a wonderful light, which I'm sure you'll find out for yourself as you begin using it.

Oh, by the way, it's always a good idea to do a quick inspection of a new light, which often includes a quick cleaning of the threads (as well as relubing of threads and O-rings), to get rid of any burrs left over from the factory, as well as a quick cleaning of all electrical contact points, which would include the positive contact point in the head of the light, the negative contact point (the spring in the tail cap), as well as the bare metal end of the battery tube and where it makes contact in the battery cap.

When cleaning the positive contact point in the head, I generally use a Q-tip on which I've sprayed contact cleaner (or Isopropyl Alcohol in a pinch). Then hold the head up, with the opening facing down, and insert the swab and clean gently. This way no cleaner runs down into the head or the electronics.

Have fun!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been a couple reports from others that there was some sealant or glue inside their tube. I think that was quite awhile back. You should be good if you were able to get it out.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same gray sealant (epoxy?) in the battery tube of a SC52w. I didn't mess with it, just returned it to Bright Guys, who replaced it promptly (excellent customer service from them).