Anyone own a Vec torlite 1.5mil CP?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have a rechrageable Vectorlite 1.5Mil. CP Spot. It has the pistolgrip w/built in LED's and Al. body? I picked one up at COSTCO, and have an issue:

It came with a 300MAH wallwart charger which doesn't have the power to charge the battery. I though that was goofy, and maybe I had a bad battery. SO, I tried a 500MAH wallwart, and the light charges and operates fine.

My question is: If you have one of these, does it have a 300MAH wallwart, or did I get a goofy one? I looked at the COSCTO where I bought it, and the store was out. I couldn't find a WWW site for Vector, and I threw away the packaging. Ugh...

--dan

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update: I think my light has a bad battery. With the 500MAH charger, the lights stays bright about ten minutes then drastically dims. With the 300MAH charger, the light stayed dim all the time...Ugh...

I sent an email to Vector, but will probbably exhange it...

--dan

drumgod

Newly Enlightened
Howdy dano,

My step-father has this same light, I didn't check out his charger while I was there (before I read your post) but I definately wouldn't say the light was dim. I didn't do any run time tests while I was there but I did use it for a minute or two to see why the dog was barking (deer).

I did find myself at Costco today (after reading your post) and they had some of these lights. I looked a two and they both had 300MAH chargers...

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think only the 3 mill vector comes with a 500 ma charger, but it shouldn't matter, since it's the voltage that counts. The 300 ma will just charge slower. I haven't done run-times, but it seems to charge just fine.

The spot is ok, just doesn't have great throw with the small reflector, but it's a reasonable size.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
dano, take you spotlight back to Costo. They will give you your money back, then you can get another one, or keep money.

Bill

rookie

Enlightened
I just checked at Target today at their 1.5MCP Aluminum Lights and they all had the 500MAH charger. The only difference in the light is no LED lights but a fuse type light in the handle.....