Acebeam T15, Pictures, Quick Review

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Official specs from Acebeam website:

Features:

LED: Cree XM-L2 LED with a lifespan of 50,000hours
Max output 1000lumens (1*18650 or 2*CR123A)
Output following 5 modes (select modes by twisting light head)
Mode 1: Firefly 0.2lms (1200hours)
Mode 2: Low 30lms (50hours)
Mode 3: Medium 280lms (5hours)
Mode 4: High 1000lms (1hour&30mins)
Mode 5: Strobe 1000lms

With memory function.(You can use the last mode at the next time.)

Working Voltage : 3.0V-13V
Max beam distance: 260Meters
Peak beam intensity: 16800cd (1meter distance)
Impact resistance:1.2Meters
Waterproof to IPX-8 standard
Size: 146.4mm(length)x35mm(head diameter)x25.4mm(tube diameter)
Weight: 140g(without battery)
Made of durable aircraft grade aluminum
Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
Copper base plate for more efficient heat
Shiny smooth reflector and get perfect beam
Inside of each box included:
1x Acebeam T15 Flashlight
1x Acebeam nice gift package box
2x Replacement O-rings
1x Plastic rubber cap
1x Removable SS clip
1x User Manual
1x Holster
1x Lanyard
1x Warranty Card

The above features to the right claim to ANSI/NEMA FL1-2009 Standards. Tests are performed with 1x 18650(3.7V 3100mAh)battery.

tLWqWyb.jpg

(L to R: Acebeam L15, Rayus PT10, Olight M22, Foursevens Maelstrom MM-X, Acebeam T15)

te2PnJY.jpg

The T15 is a relatively new model from Acebeam (formerly known as Supbeam), designed as a more compact tactical style flashlight with a slightly smaller head.

AwrFBNB.jpg

The T15 features a distinctive pattern on the body tube and tailcap (not traditional knurling) that does offer adequate grip.

3eaFUag.jpg

0AZMCzD.jpg

The tailcap features three (3) protrusions to allow a more stable tailstanding.

uBhrVxN.jpg

xlSLlXP.jpg

rRv0M6s.jpg

Overall machining quality has improved over the Supbeam-era quality levels, definitely on par with Olight, Klarus, or Sunwayman (perhaps even slightly better, at least w/ my sample).

xVdm5wm.jpg

Another thing to note is that the stainless steel bezel DOES NOT PRESS against the glass lens. A similar setup is also employed on other flashlights like the Klarus XT11 which increases the impact resistance of the relatively fragile glass lens by placing it BEHIND an aluminum shelf. This way the impact forces from the steel bezel get transferred to the aluminum instead. Unfortunately most flashlights aren't designed this way. The Foursevens Maelstrom MM-X's bezel for example does sit directly over the glass lens and the consequences of which are obvious in this picture:

wonQSKK.jpg

Mode switching on the T15 is done by loosening then tightening the head while the flashlight is on (moon, low, mid, high, strobe). The current level is memorized (including strobe). This is similar to Olight M22 but without the double and triple-click shortcuts on the Olight.

Overall a very well put together piece of kit with a design that is a departure from the earlier lights from the company. And to reiterate, top notch machining. Definitely recommended.

Last edited:

Javora

Enlightened
Nice find Overclocker. This light just went to the top of my list. I'm curious to know what the price is and if it's a forward or reverse clicky. But so far I haven't been impressed with the UI's of the two button lights I've seen.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find Overclocker. This light just went to the top of my list. I'm curious to know what the price is and if it's a forward or reverse clicky. But so far I haven't been impressed with the UI's of the two button lights I've seen.

around US$55

forward clicky

Javora

Enlightened
Thanks Overclocker, I'm waiting for this light to show up in the usual distribution channels. Also noticed Acebeam has a T15S that is dual switch. If the T15S model had the same lumen outputs that the T15 has with the same UI (click instead of twist obviously) I would totally go for the S model. Makes me wonder how this light compares to the Thrunite TN12.