Klarus RS18 any good?

Ruudr

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I have a lot of Olight, Fenix, FourSeven and Inova lights. Ive recently seen the Klarus RS18.
It is rechargeble, 900 lumens and pretty small. How is the built quality of Klarus lights? Is it easy to charge and how is the beam?

Hopefully you can help me!

kj2

Flashaholic
Quality of Klarus lights, are quite good AFAIK. Have to tighten the tailcap-ring often in my XT11-L2, but other than that, it's a good light.

Taz80

Enlightened
I think Klarus lights are good quality, and I really like their magnetic charging system. The only draw back is you can only charge their custom batteries.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, RS18 will use any 18650 not the custom ones, so thats good ! i dont have any klarus but i told a friend to buy a RS11 and it is very well made, he is very happy too. easily on par or better than olight/fenix.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im USA biased. That said, I have heard almost no complaints on Klarus.

They really seem to make a good product, lots of positive reviews.

Anyone have experience with there warranty? If thats tight they appear to have a great company going there.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im USA biased. That said, I have heard almost no complaints on Klarus.

They really seem to make a good product, lots of positive reviews.

Anyone have experience with there warranty? If thats tight they appear to have a great company going there.

yep. the charging cable on my friends light failed - it does get repeatedly stuffed into his rucksack - over one year old they are sending him a new cable after a couple of small emails :)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the RS18 for my father in law. Seems to be a very good light so far. The magnetic charging won me over on this light so my F-i-L never has to open the light to charge the 18650. Oh, and this light will take and charge any 18650 but protected cells are recommended.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep. the charging cable on my friends light failed - it does get repeatedly stuffed into his rucksack - over one year old they are sending him a new cable after a couple of small emails :)

:thumbsup:

neobadandy

Newly Enlightened
I bought the RS18 for my father in law. Seems to be a very good light so far. The magnetic charging won me over on this light so my F-i-L never has to open the light to charge the 18650. Oh, and this light will take and charge any 18650 but protected cells are recommended.

I've been looking around and I couldn't find an answer to this: How does one activate the strobe feature? Is it quick and easy?
Thanks.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking around and I couldn't find an answer to this: How does one activate the strobe feature? Is it quick and easy?
Thanks.

Double clicking from off or on either one if I recall. Click for on and each additional click changes through the modes, press hold for off.

Ruudr

Newly Enlightened
I've just ordered one. It will be the replacement for my FourSevens MMR-X which I lost in the woods... fell out of my backpack. The RS18 has 100 more Lumens and I like the additional glass breaker.

UAStack

Newly Enlightened
How many mAh is the custom battery that the RS18 includes? Tried looking on Klarus' website but seem to be missing it.

Ruudr

Newly Enlightened
How many mAh is the custom battery that the RS18 includes? Tried looking on Klarus' website but seem to be missing it.

I've bought the RS18 with a Olight 3400mAh battery but standard it comes with a 2200mAh battery I believe.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery is not custom, just a standard protected one. The other klarus 18650 lights that the charge port is in the tail have the custom ones. Capacity is either 2200 or 2600, cant remember.