Change a 5 mode switch to just on and off?

SLM

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I asked in another forum and was told to ask here. I have a cheap UltraFire CREE XM-L T6 light that has five modes on the tailcap mounted switch. I'd really like it to just be high On and Off. Is there a way to change it? Thanks!

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know anything about that light but I'm assuming that mode selection is by pressing the tailcap swith on/off. Tail cap switch just tells the electronics its time for the next mode in that case. Unless someone knows of an easy way Ultrafire is doing this, my guess is that it would require an understanding of the drive circuitry.

SLM

Newly Enlightened
Hi. Yes, the switch toggles through the modes. Click to turn on, click to turn off, click on again in next mode, click off, click on in 3rd mode, etc. I too am guessing there's some sort of micro controller in it. I was / am hoping someone knows a way to modify it to just be on in the high position and off. It has high / medium / low / fast strobe / slow strobe. It was a cheap light but it's perfect for my purposes. I'd just like it better if was on and off. It's kind of a pain cycling through all five modes to get back to high.