Surefire conditions upon arrival?

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Hey guys,

So I went ahead and purchased my first ever surefire from the corporate site. I got it from their clearance specials, the e2l-aa old version at 100$ shipped. After waiting a week for the light, i excitedly unboxed it only to find that the light looked well used...the body tube had anodizing missing as if something hard had abrased a line across it, the inner packing support plastic is cracked and chipped, and the whole of the light including the clip is covered in what looks like old engine grime... So here is my question....

For those of us who have ordered lights from the surefire website (clearance or not) did your lights come in grimy and relatively unsavory condition for having purchased a PREMIUM light?

(Even with the crud on it, id really prefer to keep it...already sent CS a message)

Daekar

Enlightened
Hrmmm... unless you specifically ordered a light with that condition description, I'd be pretty ticked off in your place. If it's sold as used, the anodizing damage is excusable, but under no circumstances is the grime acceptable. If they can pack it and ship it, they can take some time to wipe it down with alcohol.

sassaquin

Enlightened
I just received an older model E2L AA Outdoorsman (from the 1/2 price clearance sale) and the light and packaging was in perfect brand new condition. Seems like someone dropped the ball and sent you a returned light. I would request an exchange of a new light and have them reimburse you for the return shipping.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, like the others said, something isn't right. I have ordered several lights directly from SureFire and have never observed anything like you described.

Give them a call and let them sort it out. I suspect they will take care of you.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys! Ive already sent them a message and will hopefully get a reply later today.

You should call them instead. I've heard they aren't very good about returning emails.