• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Interest Thread: Nichia 365nm high Power UV P60 Dropin Custon made

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

i while ago i made some P60 Style Dropins:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...01-Host-gt-options-available/page3&highlight=

they sold very fast and now i think about to make a second batch, but with 2014er Parts. Some days ago i made a test with a ledengine LZ1, the brand new Nichia NCSU276A and the new Nichia NVSU233A. Quick summary: the 233a is one of the best 365nm Led out there. it have more then 15% more uv radiation the the NCSU033b wich i previous used. you can easy recognize the ledengine cause it have much visible light, wich is an absolute nogo for me.

Some details from nichia:
http://www.nichia.co.jp/de/product/uvled.html#NVSU233A

order of animated gif: nichia 276, nichia 233, ledengine lz1, winger 405nm 5 watt:
4swf-yv-1d72.gif

same order here:
4swf-ys-3f67.gif

So now some details about the dropins i will made if there is enough interest. I will only use the 233er Nichia. You can select between those Dropins:

- Solarforce 3 Mode 0.8 - 4.2 Volts
- Solarforce 1 Mode 0.8 - 4.2 Volts
- or any other Dropin you wish (the reflector will be bored, orange peel prefered)
- i can also made a custom dropin with modes you wish

Price with a solarforce dropin as base will be 199,-$ include worldwide shipping.

And now its your turn. Make your reservation.

Thanks, Markus

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
Awesome! Do you have any more details on the 3-mode? Mode memory? Current draw on modes/high?

Thanks!

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a bit confused which frame corresponds to which LED. The darkest one seems to be for 276A, but why it is so different from that for the 233?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I am a bit confused which frame corresponds to which LED. The darkest one seems to be for 276A, but why it is so different from that for the 233?

Yeah, there's nothing to say which is "first" or "second" as the pics just keep cycling....so where's the starting point?

Adding a label to the pic would help tons.

:D

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Markus does mention that the lz1 produces more "visible" light so I figure the shots that look like they have some white light mixed in correlate with the lz1.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The picture that looks overly purple is the 405nm one and the one that looks overly white is the LZ1. If I'm honest the 276 looks better than the 233 to me, but Markus has looked at these with his own eyes, and the difference seems marginal at best so I'll happily take his word for it :)

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

i know that the animated gif is not the best for this. the darkest picture is the starting point wich is the nichia 276, then 233, lz1 and a 405nm dropin.

276:
4swf-107-e53a.jpg

233:
4swf-106-6c14.jpg

LZ1:
4swf-108-e034.jpg

405nm:
4swf-109-81dc.jpg

Hope this helps.

mash.m

Enlightened
It looks like the 233 have much more uv light, but in real it is not as much. it is really hard to get good pictures. to the setup: all leds where mountet on the same heatsink with 0,5" distance from led to led. the distance between the led and the id card was 3 feet. all leds where driven at 700mA.
As you can see, the led engine have also a good uv output, but puts also a lot of visible light. an absolute nogo for me.

markus

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is certainly off topic, but I always wanted to have a *triple* multi-mode UV mule, where modes refer to different UV wavelength (= different leds). For example, mode one: 365nm LED on, mode two: 385nm on, mode three: 405nm on, mode four" all three LEDS on.

Even from these specific photos it is clear that 356nm and 405nm reveal different fluorecing parts of the object.

Is that possible?

mash.m

Enlightened
Yes, this is also possible. i can programm attinys for myself, so i can write a programm that will do this. but regulation will be done with some 7135. you can contact my via pm if you want.

markus

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in a UV drop in as well, but I am a little confused as to the price in US dollars. Any help appreciated.

netprince

Enlightened
This is certainly off topic, but I always wanted to have a *triple* multi-mode UV mule, where modes refer to different UV wavelength (= different leds). For example, mode one: 365nm LED on, mode two: 385nm on, mode three: 405nm on, mode four" all three LEDS on.

Even from these specific photos it is clear that 356nm and 405nm reveal different fluorecing parts of the object.

Is that possible?
Neat idea.

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

the price seems high, but the led itself is really expensive. please take some time and do a search about the nichia dropins here on cpf and you will see that the prize is not bad at all.

markus

archimedes

Flashaholic

Is that possible?

Great idea ! Very cool ... :cool: