Sunwayman v10r Ti

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
I own a Sunwayman v10r Ti with the AA extension tube and am considering selling or trading it because I cannot find a clip option. I have two main questions:

1. Is there a clip option that is currently available? I do not have the ability to drill titanium, so modifying something is most likely out...

2. If I were to consider selling it, what would be a fair price? I use the light, so it has minor scratches from regular use, no drops or major damage, just normal surface ware. A bit of buffing and it would be near perfect.

Thanks.

Campingnut

campingnut

Enlightened
I purchased an aftermarket clip from eBay and seems to do a great job. It has not come off once from my v10r. I do not have the titanium version. I'll see if I can find my old post on this.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/4359433

I just ordered one for $6 with free shipping. I am willing to give it a try. Thanks.

I am still wanting to look for a clip that bolts on as I have not had good luck with clips that slip on.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at a thread we had about clip options for this light and the photo of mine is gone, thanks imageshack, I also looked at the Sandwich shoppe for the type of clip I drilled and tapped to put on mine and they are no longer available. Wish I could help, sorry.

gunga

Flashaholic
That's a Moddoo clip. Ultra rare, titanium. If you can locate a nite core d10 clip, they work if you use longer bolts. Also rare but less costly ($5-15 vs $35+).

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Moddoo is the maker. He doesnt make them anymore. You have to find them on the used market. Same for the d10 clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Kueh

Newly Enlightened
That clip did not slip onto my v10r. I had to firmly press it into the slot. The clip was not flush with the flashlight until I squeezed it flush with the use of a dremel vise. The clip will not be sliding around or come off without considerable assistance.

campingnut

Enlightened
That clip did not slip onto my v10r. I had to firmly press it into the slot. The clip was not flush with the flashlight until I squeezed it flush with the use of a dremel vise. The clip will not be sliding around or come off without considerable assistance.

I am hoping it secures tight on my light as well. Did you have to modify the clip at all before you pressed it on? Thanks for the info.

Kueh

Newly Enlightened
I did not modify the clip. The parts that go around the light in the groove were quite sharp and dug slightly into my light as I pressed it on. I'm guessing that is what is helping the clip to stay on my light. I just realized that your light is Ti so the clip may not dig into the groove.

Kueh

Newly Enlightened
Update: the clip had worked it's way lose, just a little. It did not pop off. Mild force didn't make the clip come off. I simply squeezed the clip tight to the light again and all was fine again.