Defiant 1500 lumen rated triple xml2 emitter 4D behemoth

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Defiant 1500 lumen rated triple xml2 emitter 4D is quite a large flashlight and at just over $30 at home depot i thought why heck not :)

Here are some comparison shots to show the true size. the other light is the M25c2vn KT(Eagle Tac)

479113df-ef29-4a21-9c8b-583e1186b75e_zps0271cf28.jpg
45a7c97f-0824-4bb4-87b7-5ad1c28c36ca_zpsc4eda5e2.jpg
110e411a-e2cc-4750-abd7-7d6cc8a9e193_zps5ff4090f.jpg
830b0216-6213-4a11-902e-3ee824129583_zps45eae54e.jpg

First beamshot is the Defiant and the second Pic is of my LD50vn with current boost and dedome. if the Ld50vn gets 45,000 cd throw(selfbuilt) and 2000 otf lumens the defiant is pretty close :). im keeping this monster in my car. i just ordered a UCLp lens (60mm) for this as the stock one is thin crap plastic

3ea61e09-8a46-465a-88eb-b8ebfd7e657d_zpsdae02b9e.jpg
27c23199-9dbf-44e5-9b45-e0fa1a59ee32_zps4876df25.jpg

Warp

Enlightened
That's really tempting, but I haven't had very good luck with alkaline batteries stored in lights in the car over long periods of time. That would be my only reservation.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's really tempting, but I haven't had very good luck with alkaline batteries stored in lights in the car over long periods of time. That would be my only reservation.

If you are willing to spend 3 times the price of the light on batteries, you could buy a set of NiMh D cells and a charger, like people did for the Fenix TK70.
Or you could take it to a modder, and have him cut and re-thread the body for a battery carrier and 4 Eneloops. Sort of like they do with the shorty D-cell Maglites.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up one of these due to my good experience with other Defiant lights.
It is plenty bright but not a super thrower like the Defiant with that name, it does throw very well with great spill.
I put my Tenergy d cells in it and no angry blue so the driver must be decent as I have had other budget lights get angry blue with them installed, none of the Defiant I own ever have, the Tenergy cells must be able to supply greater current on badly designed drivers?
I like the switch as you can hold it from on for 1.5 seconds and it will shut off instead of having to cycle through high, low, strobe.
There is noticeable PWM on low.
All in all good first impression will report more later.

fuax

Newly Enlightened
I was in home depot last night and came across the 1500 lumen beauty and knowing defiant quality I had to pick one up. Last year I picked up the Defiant 650 lumen 3D cell during their last black Friday event, so I think I can make an ok comparison.

I do love this new flashlight but I feel Defiant has lowered build quality just a bit but managed to still make an awesome flashlight. The first thing that bugs me is that the batteries wobble around a bit when you are moving the torch around, I can shake the hell out of my 650 lumen light and it makes no noise, so this new one makes more noise and more light, bonus?.. I also feel that the grade of aluminum used for the last years model is higher, the 650 lumen is more polished, heavier, makes a better club and just feels sturdier all around.

Things I like, the three mode button switch but I don't really feel is necessary on a 4D. The 1500 lumen weighs less than the 650 for some people this is better. It has a brighter flood than the older 650 but the 650 has a longer throw, only slightly, so this makes the new 4d version a better at emitting light for what I need.

Overall the 1500 Lumen Defiant is a pretty good torch but not a great one, and will be gone forever since Defiant usually only makes a certain number of these for Black Friday specials and when those sell out you may wish you had purchased one. If you want a brilliant light emitter then recommend getting it, unless you need it to fend of wild dogs or crazy neighbors since it is too light and not weighted properly to be an effective club, also since the batteries wobble I would worry about shock resistance.

Fuax

FlashGordon

Newly Enlightened
My gal just picked up one of these for $29 at Home Depot. Looks cheap but it is really bright! As for the battery rattle, a sheet of paper wrapped around the batteries helps reduce it and makes a nice inner sleeve.

I'll be getting one tomorrow and was thinking of paracord wrapping the ugly body.

UPDATE: I got the last one from our local HD and will be attaching a shoulder strap after paracord wrapping.

Last edited: