RED LENS FILTER FOR HOG HUNTING?

Showolf

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone... Me and my buddy both have ThruNite TN32 flashlights... He lives in Beeville, TX and we went hog hunting this evening. Our lights did really well and EASILY spotted plenty of hogs in close range and also way out at tremendous distance away. Our major issue was the white light was much too bright and scared them off as quickly as we lit them up! Can someone recommend me a red lens filter that we can easily screw or snap on? Thanks!

Last edited:

K31Scout

Newly Enlightened
Do a search for Fenix red lens covers too. They make a few sizes. I've read that lens covers cut down the throw distance to 50% compared to no lens cover. Check out customlights.com if you need max distance. Dave makes drop in's that use a red emitter that cast far better that might fit your TN32.

Poppy

Flashaholic
As stated above, filters REALLY cut down output.

You might take a look at the nitecore chameleon series of lights. CR6
It has two leds. One white, One Red.
I don't know the outputs nor the throw specs, but it is worth investigating.
Good luck.

Solarforce makes a RED led P60 dropin that might work for you.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Red filters essentially remove all the light except the red...so, as the lumen itself is a blend of all the wavelengths, of which red is a small part (Yellow/green is the main part), you will get a proportionally small fraction of the original out put...but it WILL be red at least.

:D

As mentioned, an LED that is a red light emitter will have MUCH better performance typically, than a std tint LED with a red filter over it.

K31Scout

Newly Enlightened
I have an M3 head coming from him with the EXP2 and red emitter that should give me a beam out past 175 yards. I got the 3 mode to tone it down for woods hunting.