I can't twist the dimmer ring on my Sunwayman V10R Ti. Any ideas?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was a problem when I first bought Sunwayman V10R Ti but the ring would loosen up after some tapping on a soft cloth covered piece of wood.

I emailed Customer Service and they said to tap it harder with a small block of wood to loosen the fluid inside the dimmer ring.

It worked for a couple of months.

I have not used it for a few months and now it will not turn at all.

The on/off button switches the LED on but no dimming so it is stuck at full brightness.

Anyone have this problem? :thinking:

CHEERS

swan

Banned
Put it outside in direct sunlight for a while,it should loosen up. I have a mint condition sunwayman v60c which does the same thing- locks up completely - it must be the type of lube they use. My v10r al is very stiff until i run it on full power for a minute and then it has a nice slick feel. I think the only way to fix it is to replace the factory lube with some quality silicon grease that is viscus enough but wont melt or run on a aus 45c degree day= Hope this helps mate.

robert.t

Enlightened
I've read a few times about Titanium's tendency to cold-weld itself, if left to its own devices. It hasn't happened to me yet, thankfully, but sounds like it's a fairly common problem. I wonder if that could have happened here. It does sound like there was never enough lubrication to keep the two surfaces apart.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ring of my v11r locks too if I do not use the light for a while (e.g. 2 weeks) while the one of v10r does not.

Until now I have lightly tapped the ring with a small hammer to loosen it but I will try with the heat, thanks for the heads up.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would get a light oil in a spray can with a straw and blast it all out. my nitecore IFE1 actually has no lube and does not need it ?
you can wipe down wash or whatever the light afterwards and some oil will stay behind the ring. i used this when my thrunite scorpion had sand get in around the ring.

sakabatou

Newly Enlightened
I've had the same problem a couple of times - I've found that running it under the hot tap for a few seconds loosens it up