Nitecore TM 06 Tiny Quad led light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbs Just seen this looks awesome, small, insanely bright, rear clicky too ! go and have a look.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great! Finally, a Tiny light befitting the Tiny Monster family name. Nice! Will definitely get one.
:thumbsup:

Here are some product shots from the NiteCore website :-

15135994883_46757b0e9b.jpg

15756947382_7f0a704d0d.jpg

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep that will be happy xmas to me ! thanks for putting up the shots.
i have made a rule due to limited funds to only buy lights with a rear switch, this has meant it has been easy to resist most of the triple / quad / coke can lights. untill now. :)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you go to the Nitecore web site and look at the slide that shows the gold plated contact points, it shows two positive and two negative contacts. That says to me either 2S2P or 4S for the cell configuration. Why the change? Do they need the extra voltage to lessen the current drain of the four leds?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
batteries will not run as hot, prob get a better runtime curve and may have made it easier to get the rear clicky working in there. ??

ven

Flashaholic
That I do like ,a real tiny monster!!!! Love it,just hope its a realistic price tag and not stretched!

Ernst from Germany

Newly Enlightened
A really hot and nice Baby, what is about the price for the Tiny Monster 06? When the Price ist about 170 Dollar, I will buy the Tiny Monster 06.
Greets Ernst

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure on price,but imho it would have to be this side of $200 for me,i do like the tm series,but not enough to spend a high premium that many do seem to command...........5yr warranty i presume if following the tm36 lead........which is a good thing!!! although sending back would be a pita if any issues occurred.

It certainly has my interest,interested in run times/step downs of the 3800lm being "tiny" too,not that many releases have got me a little excited this year,however so far this is 1 of them along with the ld60(vn) and the olight SR lights:thumbsup:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure on price,but imho it would have to be this side of $200 for me,i do like the tm series,but not enough to spend a high premium that many do seem to command...........5yr warranty i presume if following the tm36 lead........which is a good thing!!! although sending back would be a pita if any issues occurred.

It certainly has my interest,interested in run times/step downs of the 3800lm being "tiny" too,not that many releases have got me a little excited this year,however so far this is 1 of them along with the ld60(vn) and the olight SR lights:thumbsup:

I never thought money would be an issue for you! :D

ven

Flashaholic
I never thought money would be an issue for you! :D

:nana: :laughing:

I have to draw a line a "bit" having quite a few lights,so need to justify them a little more than last year for example,having a tm15/srminiVN/MM15vn/tk75vn(although a little big compared) its a similar light in some ways............so if it was $300 for example i would pass as i dont need it(heck i dont need 3/4 of my lights),but i want it enough providing the mode spacing and run times are good to spend a specific amount...............if that makes sense :laughing:

:p

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
:nana: :laughing:

I have to draw a line a "bit" having quite a few lights,so need to justify them a little more than last year for example,having a tm15/srminiVN/MM15vn/tk75vn(although a little big compared) its a similar light in some ways............so if it was $300 for example i would pass as i dont need it(heck i dont need 3/4 of my lights),but i want it enough providing the mode spacing and run times are good to spend a specific amount...............if that makes sense :laughing:

:p

Yeah it makes sense alright. :p Justifying a purchase may make the light more precious.:thumbsup:

But man do I envy you for having so many!!!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you go to the Nitecore web site and look at the slide that shows the gold plated contact points, it shows two positive and two negative contacts. That says to me either 2S2P or 4S for the cell configuration. Why the change? Do they need the extra voltage to lessen the current drain of the four leds?

Power is power. Surprised to see XM-L2s rather than XP-Ls, though...

In general, 1 cell per LED is a good ratio. 2S2P gives the possibility* to limp along with 2 batteries missing. In practice, doubling the voltage halves the current all the components see. This may be kinder to their switches and electronics inside.

Edit: 2S2P also keeps you from running it from one cell and damaging your battery...

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Nice small package :)
But to get direct Turbo, you've to press the tail and side-switch at the same time. Doesn't look that handy to me :thinking:

ven

Flashaholic
Nice small package :)
But to get direct Turbo, you've to press the tail and side-switch at the same time. Doesn't look that handy to me :thinking:

Bit odd...............correct not very handy,in fact its 2 handy :laughing:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shouldn't be too difficult.
Hold the light up in a tactical position at the shoulder, and use your thumb to press the tailswitch, while using your pinky finger to press the side switch.

Anybody know if this method is only a momentary function for turbo, or does it latch there?

Status
Not open for further replies.