• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Chrome Elephant Wavien aspheric, gray 26650 Mag Throwmaster

PScalfano

Newly Enlightened
I have decided to list these for sale to fund other projects. Both lights are shown in this thread.

Elephant Aspheric: $725 $575 shipped (USA shipping only, Mainland preferred)
Throwmaster with 1x 26650 mag host: $150 shipped (USA shipping only, Mainland preferred) SOLD

Disclaimers:

• The LEDs in these lights are driven at currents much greater than the manufacturer's specification. Please use caution when operating each light and operate at your own risk. NO WARRANTY.
  • The Throwmaster head is in good condition. I scratched the shorty host and tailcap while making this light. The price has been set accordingly.
  • The Elephant's chrome is in good shape with small scratches on the tailcap. The bezel was modified to fit the aspheric lens (unmodified spare is included).

Here is what you get:

Elephant aspheric:

• Fivemega original Elephant chrome 3x18650 host with chrome FM3X head and 3x18650 (series) battery holder and 75mm aspheric lens (best of 5 ordered)
  • xp-g2 S2 (dedomed) mounted on copper sinkpad to H22a heatsink.
  • Wavien collar (medium size).
  • Driven by TaskLED h6CC at 5 amps.
  • Collar is hot glued in place for future modification flexibility (the collar can be glued more thoroughly if required.)
  • The LED is mounted on a standard 20mm copper star and attached with screws and arctic silver TIM for future modification flexibility.
  • The H22A heatsink is secured with a set screw and Arctic Silver TIM for best thermal transfer, easy focusing, driver adjustment, and future modification flexibility.
  • I have not measured the lux in this light, but it is very high. My estimate is 750k-1m lux.
  • BATTERIES ARE NOT INCLUDED.
Extras:

• Extra chrome bezel (the bezel on the light was modified to fit the aspheric lens so I purchased a spare.) $20 value
  • 2 glass front lenses for the 3" head (one with a small chip) $10 value
  • original reflector that came with the 3" head (appears to be very light orange peel), $50 value
  • 3x 18650 parallel battery holder for the Elephant host, $30 value

Throwmaster D Mag Shorty:
  • xp-g2 S2 (dedomed) mounted on a 10mm copper sinkpad to H22A heatsink with arctic silver epoxy.
  • This light is direct drive. It pulled approx. 3 amps with a King Kong 26650.
  • The Pewter color is a very good match to the FM Throwmaster head. The difference in color between the bezel and body of the Throwmaster is greater than the color difference between the body and the Mag host.
  • BATTERIES ARE NOT INCLUDED.
Extras:

• Original pewter Mag bezel and plastic mag lens

PHOTOS (more can be found in the original thread)

IMG_0103.jpg
by pscalfano, on Flickr

IMG_0105.jpg
by pscalfano, on Flickr

IMG_0131.jpg by pscalfano, on Flickr

IMG_0129.jpg by pscalfano, on Flickr

IMG_0101.jpg by pscalfano, on Flickr

IMG_0132.jpg by pscalfano, on Flickr

IMG_0128.jpg by pscalfano, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
it looks like this has a larger aspheric lens, a wavien collar and its driven very hard would lead me to believe it should throw over 1 million cd but i could be missing something.

if i had $600 to spend id buy this in a heartbeat but sadly i dont :( i love the look of this thing

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Part of the performance of the DEFTX involved the use of a microscope to get the focus optimized, and the huge difference between the earlier versions and later versions with only improved focal performance between them.

IE: The parts themselves area a start...but, the EXACT way they are put together will make a difference in performance.

PScalfano

Newly Enlightened
Indeed. I have tuned the light as best I can by eye, but further optimizations can be made with use of measuring tools. My hope is that whoever picks up this light has plans to further tweak and upgrade it - because I designed and assembled it with flexibility in mind while using the highest quality parts I could reasonably get.

Thanks for the positive comments and discussion.

PScalfano

Newly Enlightened
Here are a couple more photos to hopefully help the sale. The photos are not perfectly centered, but darn close. I considered getting a lux meter to grab some measurements, but I read about a 20% variation in readings, so I am not confident that a reading would be comparable to readings done by others.

IMG_3571.jpg by pscalfano, on Flickr

IMG_3538.jpg by pscalfano, on Flickr

Last edited:

PScalfano

Newly Enlightened
Thank you.

Something of note - the bezel now screws on 100%. There is no longer a gap between the head and the bezel. To accomplish this, I carefully sanded the side of the lens, removing some glass and allowing it to nest inside the head instead of resting on top of it. The optical quality of the lens was not affected.