eBay fraud on some high end lights

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently there have been some postings on eBay offering for sale some Nitecore and Fenix lights at prices that were half or less than normal prices. These listings have now been pulled.

I've been in contact with both eBay and Paypal and it appears that someone has hacked a few eBay accounts. The perpetrators listed the TM11, TM15, TM26 and the Fenix TK75 at very low prices, claiming to have 10 of each light.

So if you recently purchased a light on eBay, you'll be receiving a message from them and how to file a claim with PayPal to get your money back.

:caution:Buyer beware.:caution:

kj2

Flashaholic
Always buy at a official dealer, so to be sure you're getting the real-deal. But thanks for the info. :)

ven

Flashaholic
As fast as they got shut down, they're back again as another set of listings.

I hate scammers.

They are!!!! ,as i mentioned in another thread that someone does not believe me :shrug: it is easy enough to check up on shops,click on their name,check their ID and check shops,many have had 3,6,some 10 shops and thats in 12 months time. Ebay either cant or dont do anything about it,yes they get closed but re-open under a different name,presume different email too. But its there for anyone to see,here is an example of what i mean

I just put in lenser p7 which is one of the most copied lights,4th down the name is slh-eu and says UK yet click on and shows China,click on symbol next to feedback,then opens up ID
User IDEffective DateEnd Date
slh-eu30-Oct-14Present
lenserworld14-Aug-1430-Oct-14
flashlightslh12-May-1414-Aug-14
slher21-Jan-1412-May-14
moyt11416-Dec-1321-Jan-14

Additional site navigation

This is what i was trying to get across but banging head against a wall.............its blatantly obvious he is in 5th shop in 12 months............why?????????? well of course he has been found out and shut!!!

So a little tip to anyone who may not know that,it limits the chance of being stung,i admit not bullet proof but it helps before you take that chance.

Easiest option is as kj2 said,buy from a reputable shop/official dealer :)

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the phrases to remember are, "Buyer beware", and, "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is". I've been buying and selling on e-bay for over 10 years, which is shown in my profile for all to see. It also shows a 100% feedback score. Those facts are there for a reason, it shows folks I'm a serious buyer/seller with whom many folks have had wonderful transactions.

Ebay can be a very safe place to do business if you simply take a pro-active approach and spend the small amount of time required to investigate who you're doing business with. If I'm contemplating buying something from somebody new, one of the things I'll do is ask a question about the item. If I don't get an answer, or it's written in obviously broken English, I'll move on.

Berneck1

Enlightened
I have largely moved away from eBay. Unless the seller has an established LONG TERM record, I will never buy an item on eBay. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great sellers on eBay, but these days you really don't find great deals. I like using reputable merchants and using my credit card. I've never had a problem getting my money back when I do my business this way. Does it cost a little more? Sure, but it's worth it.

I agree with the other posters who say, "Buyer beware" and "If it's sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

JulianP

Enlightened
Ebay can be a very safe place to do business if you simply take a pro-active approach and spend the small amount of time required to investigate who you're doing business with.
I agree. With safeguards, eBay can me very effective. I recently had my guard down and was sent two counterfeit items. I lodged a complaint and I got the money back. I had the opposite experience with AliBaba, but then again I've only got myself to blame for not remembering from my childhood the full title of the Alibaba story. How aptly named! Anyway, just to stay on topic, I bought many flashlights from official stores on eBay and have been very happy. Compared to the suppliers' own website, eBay service is faster and guaranteed independently by eBay. I guess even official suppliers and manufacturers don't want negative feedback.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
This happens to the TM11 every year at this time.
Getting the listing pulled doesn't stop them from immediately relisting under a different name.

Warp

Enlightened
It is unfortunately how many people actually think they can get half price, or less, stuff on eBay, without realizing it is almost surely counterfeit. I mean...if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. ESPECIALLY with fleabay!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to see some fakes, search up the SF X-300 Ultra's on eBay! There must be 50 or so listings for fakes. I turned in 10 last week to ebay. They were all "different" sellers. Some had the same pics, some didn't. A few of them got pulled, but not all.
But just about ALL the lights have the same serial number. A13168. One of the counterfeiters makes tan & black ones with the same number! Never ever buy one with that serial number! Aliexpress is one of the worst offenders in this arena.
Also if you go to SF website, you can report them. However their report process is a PITA.

I feel the worst for the buyers who don't know better. Such as a flashaholics significant other trying to buy a gift. Imagine how you would feel getting a fake as a gift. :mad:

bpierce

Newly Enlightened
Maybe this is only tangential to the thread (if so, I apologize; I'm a newbie still feeling out whatis appropriate) ...but are sellers on cpfmarketplace policed relatively well? I know caution is always warranted, but wondering if people have dealt with fraud much when transacting on cpfmarketplace. I just bought a flashlight at about half price from a "going out of biz" sale there, and awaiting its arrival. I did get the shipping notification via PayPal.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
They are!!!! ,as i mentioned in another thread that someone does not believe me :shrug: it is easy enough to check up on shops,click on their name,check their ID and check shops,many have had 3,6,some 10 shops and thats in 12 months time. Ebay either cant or dont do anything about it,yes they get closed but re-open under a different name,presume different email too. But its there for anyone to see,here is an example of what i mean

I just put in lenser p7 which is one of the most copied lights,4th down the name is slh-eu and says UK yet click on and shows China,click on symbol next to feedback,then opens up ID
User IDEffective DateEnd Date
slh-eu30-Oct-14Present
lenserworld14-Aug-1430-Oct-14
flashlightslh12-May-1414-Aug-14
slher21-Jan-1412-May-14
moyt11416-Dec-1321-Jan-14

>click on their name,check their ID and check shops

How exactly do you "check" ?? click on something?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to put words in Ven's mouth, but you can click on the feedback number besides a persons name, which will show if there have been any negative posting about their trading practices.

In addition, you also see the date they joined eBay

All of the sales that I reported as fraud sales were user names that had no negative feedback. What appeared strange to me was that all of the lights being sold were available in quantities of 10 lights being sold and the price was 1/3 of what they would have sold for.

Paypal was great to deal with and they got eBay to pull the sales within 10 minutes. Two hours later, two additional users, again old registered accounts posted 10 lights each. I reported both auctions, eBay did nothing, and both sold out.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes ,also there is a symbol next to the feedback No (looks like a pen stuck in a body to the right of number),click this and takes you to their previous shops etc. Some have been going years,but you have to ask why they have had X amount in such a short time...................Closed yes,does not give reason though..........nor confidence either!

Edit-checked on iphone and not as easy,on laptop its there

Last edited:

radiopej

Enlightened
I bought a few Olight products that were perfect for ridiculously cheap. Regretted not buying the Marauder.

Then with another seller I grabbed a TV that never arrived. PayPal makes it awesome.

Latest posts