Nitecore changes

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
This seems to be the day for Nitecore. Not only did they introduce upgraded versions of the EA41 and the P12, they seem to have dropped the EAX Hammer from the product line. It no longer shows up on the Nitecore web site. It will be interesting to find out their reasons for that move.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like I will have to buy one sooner than I was planning to before sellers run out of stock. Other than maybe not selling enough to justify manufacturing it, I don't understand.

ven

Flashaholic
I can only guess that if it does not sell well it gets dropped,only common business sense really........unless "limited production run" but would state that to sell in 1st place.

I have no idea how many they have sold,but i do know if there was a big demand they would still be making them(or they would be daft not to).

Maybe costs in manufacturing for what they could sell the light plays a part,lots of reasons i guess:)

The figures were good for an AA light but it was not for me (thats after owning an ea8).

tarrow

Newly Enlightened
Darn the eax was on my christmas list. My ea8 has done well here on the farm and is big enough not to lose in a grain bin or pile of manure. I will have to track down an eax somewhere.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive got both the 2015 P12 and the 2015 EA41. Both lights are total upgrades to the originals in every way. Mode spacing is better on both and both have moonlight modes. Best change is in the 2015 EA41 which is absolutely brighter than the original and throws farther to. Got my 2015 P12 for less than I paid for my 2014 TN12 and am loving the tac ring. I really hope Nitecore keeps this trend up. If they really want to impress then they would update the entire SRT line. My SRT7 may be a good darn light but its also way behind the competition in actual output etc. put in better RGB emitters etc. Id buy the entire SRT line if they upgraded them all

jkingrph

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered two from Alatec on eBay for $89 ea. They show several more in stock.

opus360

Newly Enlightened
Ive got both the 2015 P12 and the 2015 EA41. Both lights are total upgrades to the originals in every way. Mode spacing is better on both and both have moonlight modes. Best change is in the 2015 EA41 which is absolutely brighter than the original and throws farther to. Got my 2015 P12 for less than I paid for my 2014 TN12 and am loving the tac ring. I really hope Nitecore keeps this trend up. If they really want to impress then they would update the entire SRT line. My SRT7 may be a good darn light but its also way behind the competition in actual output etc. put in better RGB emitters etc. Id buy the entire SRT line if they upgraded them all

What's the difference between the 2015 P12 and earlier versions?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
1000 lumens for the 2015 and slightly different mode spacing vs the original. For once Id say Nitecores numbers are about spot on so in terms of actual output the 2015 is about 100 lumens brighter

Berneck1

Enlightened
I have an EAX. I really like it. I could see the odd shaped head being a turnoff for some. The beam pattern has a lot of artifacts due to the double reflectors, also. However, that stuff didn't matter to me, it lights up anything in my path for a very long distance! There were some really good sales for Black Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Rooverz

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

can somebody who owns both p12 and p12 2015 test if the beam color is the same? I really like the throw and light output from the p12, but don't like the blue tint of the beam...maybe the 2015 version has better beam color?

charlieplanb

Newly Enlightened
I have,,,HAD,, the P-12 and it's broken. Other then that small little problem I loved the light and never saw a blue tint.

Hi,

can somebody who owns both p12 and p12 2015 test if the beam color is the same? I really like the throw and light output from the p12, but don't like the blue tint of the beam...maybe the 2015 version has better beam color?

Rooverz

Newly Enlightened
I have,,,HAD,, the P-12 and it's broken. Other then that small little problem I loved the light and never saw a blue tint.

As far as I can see on reviews the p12 had the coldest cold white beam of similar flashlights. (Cold white is slightly blue ish). I was wondering if the new p12 2015 model has a bit of a warmer tint in its beam...

charlieplanb

Newly Enlightened
I never noticed it on the older 950 lumens P-12,,,But
I have the new MH12 and it has the blue tint. the MH10 is getting returned for more then the tint. (love amazon prime)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the original P12 and the 2015 P12 have pretty much the same bright blue tint. They make my PD and UC35 tint look incandescent lol

Rooverz

Newly Enlightened
Celticcross74: do you have the fenix uc35 and p12 2015 version (both in cw)?
does the uc35 has less blue tint? And how about light throw?
i hope you can help me... (Maybe some pics of the beam)

Last edited: