Help with Klarus ST 11 not working right!

Rono8582

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

been using my Klarus st 11 for almost a year now. About 2 weeks ago, it has been working intermittently for no apparent reason.

Has seen regular use, NO abuse. Tested fresh 18650, which worked in another light, so that wasn't the problem.
It has seen zero drops, bangs, water even. It sits on a nightstand and in my pocket.

It's the tail switch that is giving me a problem- Clicking on and off about 20-30 times and trying to fenagal <sp? yiddish?> the button around to see if it helps, it doesn't.
It's not the side switch that turns it temporarily off. Then out of nowhere, it will come on in the last mode I left it. Then it continues to work continously, and switch on and off fine, until I leave it off for about an hour, then the same problem occurs.

HELP plz!

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your tailcap have a retaining ring that can be tightened?
If it does try tightening the retaining ring by turning it until it is tight.

Rono8582

Newly Enlightened
TY for response, No, it doesn't and I've tried tightening everything several times. I really don't want to have to send it back to Klarus and wait FOREVER for it. :(

Anyone else have a problem with this light or manufacturer?

Rono8582

Newly Enlightened
Klarus emailed back finally. They are sending a whole new tail piece in the mail. Crossing fingers because I really like the output and UI on this light!

Anyone thoughts on XT11/12 vs the updated Fenix TK22?

RBWNY

Enlightened
That's good that Klarus is sending a replacement part. I have both the ST11 and ST2C. Haven't had a problem with either of them. The only thing I don't like about the IU is the long press needed to change modes. Don't have experience with XT11 or TK22.

Last edited: