It's not easy being Green and Low.... I gotta get low....

With amazing persuasion skills I've convinced my management to let me buy some flashlight parts to make a replacement for an outdated incan and filter arrangement.

Problem is, I need a specific wavelength (green, ~525nm) and a bandpass filter. The bandpass I can get from Edmunds for only about 25$, and the diodes I can pick up pretty much anywhere on MCPCB or reflow them myself.

The issue is... the housing, case, and pill. And finding a regulator that will do 5ma and up enough that I can experiment with to make sure I fall within spec and do not fog the medium being exposed.

PWM is out- I need true CC (or at least a PWM so very high that at such a low intensity it isn't able to fog the chemical films).

Are there any US suppliers of parts for flashlights that ship fast? Cost isn't an impossible objective.

Suggestions most welcome.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure about all that ! defo post up in the home made modified section, lots of guys there to help you out

also please look at this review (there is a lot there but worth the read ! )
for the nitecore CRG flashlight it has a green led at 520-525nm maybe of help to whatever you are into !

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?380202

good luck

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a zener diode and resistor to get a fixed voltage, then a resistor to set the current? It wouldn't be efficient, but it would be cheap and effective, and doable by any hacker with a soldering iron.