Olight S30R

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
It seems Olight is adding a new light to the SR series. The S30R, it uses a 18650 battery and is capable of 1000 lumens as per goinggear, olight does not have a webpage for it yet.
It seems like an extremely compact 1000 lumen light.

Thoughts and any new info post below!
CaSc1xg7Hgdos_aoXlV9Tic-mSEBAMBnV2u10nsrXEs

Last edited:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The image doesn't appear on the forum for me, but if I open it in a new tab I can see it. There are also these pictures.

10801555_949258155104172_7515481099422886004_n.jpg

TB2NsCybXXXXXXvXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!464754747.jpg

Last edited:

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
I leave my S10R bezel up because it is small enough to clip on a baseball hat and use as a head light. Is there problems with doing this? Have you scratched the lense?

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to point out on Ryp's picture, if that is the exact same charger as the other 3, its still a very small light.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight S30R specs:

LED: Cree XM-L2
Size (LxW): 119mm x 25mm
55 x 50 x 16 (charging base)
Weight: 122g, 24g (charging cradle)
Battery: 2xCR123A or 1x18650
Included accessories: 3400mAh 3.6V 18650
Charging dock
0.5 metre micro-USB cable
2x O-rings
Instructions

Output levels:

1000 lumens - 1 hour
600 lumens - 2 hours
100 lumens - 10 hours
20 lumens - 26 hours
1 lumen - 720 hours
Strobe

Last edited:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to point out on Ryp's picture, if that is the exact same charger as the other 3, its still a very small light.

Sorry, I removed that picture 'cause I found better ones :p I found this other picture which does appear that it is the same charger:

TB2Ss5pbXXXXXX_XpXXXXXXXXXX_!!464754747.jpg

Looks like a nice, powerful and compact light.

I am guessing the magnet is not there because of the charging port?

It is still there, just like the other Baton R lights:

TB28tmobXXXXXaxXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!464754747.jpg

Last edited:

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a nice, powerful and compact light.

I am guessing the magnet is not there because of the charging port?
My S10R is magnetic. Actually that is how it sticks to the charger base. There is no "port" just a conductive metal pin and ring.

Capolini

Banned
Thanks!!! Cool,there is the example,,,attached to the wheel!!

I have the S10/S20 W/ XML2. The magnets can definitely come in handy!

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
I don't know how much I care for the low lumen modes. I love my S10r's 0.5 and 5 lumen low modes, perfect for navigating dark houses, and dark walking paths, respectively. And is it a continuous 1000 lumens or does it step down? Although I must say in my s10r I never noticed the decrease, looked the same all the way til it died to me. I didn't notice the rapid decrease the chart shows at the end, mine just up and turned off.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
No throw plus probably huuge step down after a very short time. I'm not very impressed.

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
I don't care how floody it is, 1000 lumens throws pretty good, I don't know how many of you guys are needing a 1/2 mile of throw, but the farthest open place I could find to test my S10R was 120 yards, and it performed beautifully.

Not saying I don't love bright laser beam lights, but who really needs to edc one?

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey.you changed your Icon/picture! I did not know you were a Hockey Player!!!! Is that the Winnipeg Jets?

It's funny 'cause I've been meaning to change my picture to this for a really long time but never got around to doing it. Nah I'm not a hockey player :p, I am a hockey fan though. The player in the picture is Rick Rypien, a former member of the Vancouver Canucks who passed away in 2011 due to depression. He was an absolutely amazing fighter and my all-time favourite hockey player.

Capolini

Banned
It's funny 'cause I've been meaning to change my picture to this for a really long time but never got around to doing it. Nah I'm not a hockey player :p, I am a hockey fan though. The player in the picture is Rick Rypien, a former member of the Vancouver Canucks who passed away in 2011 due to depression. He was an absolutely amazing fighter and my all-time favourite hockey player.

OT HERE,,,,,,Your the OP so hopefully it is acceptable! I was mistaken!! it is Anybodysguess!!! lol

I knew you were not a Hockey Player!! and I should have know that was the Canucks uniform or is it? He also played for the Winnipeg Jets!

I have been a Flyers Fan since 1970!! It has been a lonnnnng time since we won the Cup! 1975!

I remember him and when that happened. He had depression and suicide was the tragic end result. Very sad. My best friend[x girlfriend ] lost two siblings to suicide.

3 NHL players died in that 2011 off season, Derek Boogaard was one of them,,,,,,,,,he was on the Rangers.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
OT HERE,,,,,,Your the OP so hopefully it is acceptable! I was mistaken!! it is Anybodysguess!!! lol

I knew you were not a Hockey Player!! and I should have know that was the Canucks uniform or is it? He also played for the Winnipeg Jets!

I have been a Flyers Fan since 1970!! It has been a lonnnnng time since we won the Cup! 1975!

I remember him and when that happened. He had depression and suicide was the tragic end result. Very sad. My best friend[x girlfriend ] lost two siblings to suicide.

3 NHL players died in that 2011 off season, Derek Boogaard was one of them,,,,,,,,,he was on the Rangers.

Rick was traded to the Jets but never got a chance to play for them.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's siblings.

Boogaard was also a great fighter.