Resolved: Bad experience with seller Lightscastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyguy82

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I do apologise in advance if this is the wrong place for this thread, but I could not find a better forum on CPF to post this.

I recently purchased a Nitecore SENS Mini from Lightscastle on Amazon and have been very upset by their service.

First of all there is no indication that they are a Chinese company. The originating location of shipments are not clearly specified.

My order was only shipped 2 weeks after they had marked it as 'Dispatched' on Amazon. The package mysteriously originates from Singapore.

Anyway, I've received the item today only to find that it's used, damaged, old. There are serious deep scratches on the window that looks like the unit had a serious impact against a rock or something. Given that Nitecore only uses mineral scratch resistant glass, this must have been some abuse.

Given this experience, I would recommend avoiding them and purchasing it direct from Nitecore instead. The few quids that one can save probably isn't worth the stress dealing with these type of sellers.

I don't even have confidence that the unit's LED is still at its original brightness.

Any thoughts? What would you do?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Re: Bad experience with seller Lightscastle

Return it through Amazon without delay, and express to Amazon your concerns about the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

happyguy82

Newly Enlightened

Return it through Amazon without delay, and express to Amazon your concerns about the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Thanks. Yes I'm doing that just now. It's not so much about the ££ than it is the stress and anxiety dealing with these sellers. It's also a reflection of their bad ethics to be selling damaged used goods as new.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

fortunately you went through the amazon marketplace - which means that Amazon's great customer service can help you with this. I would give them a call and explain the situation... Be sure to explain to them that you ordered a new light and that what you received is "different from what you ordered".

They will most likely say the seller is responsible for all shipping charges and a full refund.

In the one or two instances where I received and item I did not order - I received a full refund from amazon and didn't even have to send back the wrong item to the 3rd party seller.

happyguy82

Newly Enlightened

fortunately you went through the amazon marketplace - which means that Amazon's great customer service can help you with this. I would give them a call and explain the situation... Be sure to explain to them that you ordered a new light and that what you received is "different from what you ordered".

They will most likely say the seller is responsible for all shipping charges and a full refund.

In the one or two instances where I received and item I did not order - I received a full refund from amazon and didn't even have to send back the wrong item to the 3rd party seller.

Hello,

Thanks for your advice.

I have left the seller a 1 star feedback with negative comments that describe exactly what happened.

I have then raised a A to Z Guarantee claim (first time I've done so) and described everything in great detail. I also mentioned that I feel cheated by this.

1 thing I had not mentioned here or there is the fact that the seller has a poor comprehension of English as it took me 3 iterations of an Email to get an answer on whether they had posted the item. They eventually told me they did on 30/10 but the tracking number shows that the post office only received it on 14/11 which is over 2 weeks later.

Let's leave things as they are now and I'll call Amazon if I'm not happy with the resolution.

From my experience, Amazon sellers will strive to satisfy their customers as they want them to remove the poor feedback.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't speak for a Amazon purchase and their shipping policies, but eBay once you as a seller processes the shipping paperwork shows that the items is shipped. If you take the tracking number and go to the shippers website, in most cases will indicate that there is an acknowledgment of paperwork receipt but that the items is awaiting receipt.

Chinapost of Hong Kong post are two of the worst companies to track items on especially if the have to transfer to the postal service in your home country for final delivery.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't just email Amazon, call them. Their customer service is top notch. They will handle it for you over the phone.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Happy,

The mods will likely move this to the "Jeers" section:http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/forumdisplay.php?73-Jeers

As to your problem, that sucks. You already have good advice above, just call Amazon and let them know whats up.

I've also had bad experiences through Amazon resellers. Although I have bought several Surefires " Shipped & Sold by Amazon" which is an authorized SF dealer... not a hitch.

I'd go that route in the future. The bad light I received was from a different manufacturer that does not sell on Amazon, and was sold unauthorized by a dealer.

Good luck!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

You sound UK ish as you talk in quids,always pay with a credit card as you have extra protection,there is a qualifying amount so check with your card issuer.

happyguy82

Newly Enlightened

I can't speak for a Amazon purchase and their shipping policies, but eBay once you as a seller processes the shipping paperwork shows that the items is shipped. If you take the tracking number and go to the shippers website, in most cases will indicate that there is an acknowledgment of paperwork receipt but that the items is awaiting receipt.

Chinapost of Hong Kong post are two of the worst companies to track items on especially if the have to transfer to the postal service in your home country for final delivery.

Thanks. For some reason it was SingPost from Singapore.

Sent from my iGoldBar using Candlepowerforums

happyguy82

Newly Enlightened
Bad experience with seller Lightscastle

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'm now awaiting Amazon to make a decision on this case. I'll update you guys once I hear back.

Let's see how good this A to Z guarantee really is.

Ohh apologies for posting it on the wrong forum.

AA#5

Newly Enlightened

The people at Amazon are smart enough to know the importance of repeat future business & they are very good about customer satisfaction in such cases. I've received defective items & (in some cases) Amazon refunded & told it it wasn't necessary to return the items.

ronniepudding

Enlightened

I buy lots of stuff through Amazon (US), and in general I've had good experiences. However, I've noticed a varying level of ... shall we say ... professionalism between different vendors selling similar items. There are some vendors who seem to be off with their pictures and descriptions of items. For example, in the case of flashlights, the listing might describe and/or picture a Fenix LD10, but recent reviews might talk about having received an LD12 instead.

Discrepancies like this give me pause when I'm ordering, and I avoid those sellers who don't have their act together in terms of how they present their inventory. Certainly those sellers without very many reviews are closely scrutinized.

I'm not saying that this is the case for the "Lightscastle" seller in the OP... just that Amazon seems to be getting more like eBay as time goes on. ;)

In the end, I'm confident that Amazon will protect its buyers (as others have stated), -- but before I order from a less-mainstream-looking seller, I'm always asking myself if the few bucks I'm saving justify the risk that I'll have to spend a bunch of time trying to straighten out the seller's incompetence... or in rare cases dishonesty.

Last edited:

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've had a few bad sellers on Amazon. Decided it's better to order directly from Amazon even though the 16 pack of Eneloops i got from them had the Eneloop package burst open. Batteries seemed fine a few of them looked like they have been dropped (or scratched) but work as well. I did leave Amazon feedback and that is the best thing you can do. If you got a bad experience Amazon takes care of it, but generally the sellers on Amazon don't want the negative feedback so they do what they can to rectify the problem.

happyguy82

Newly Enlightened

I buy lots of stuff through Amazon (US), and in general I've had good experiences. However, I've noticed a varying level of ... shall we say ... professionalism between different vendors selling similar items. There are some vendors who seem to be off with their pictures and descriptions of items. For example, in the case of flashlights, the listing might describe and/or picture a Fenix LD10, but recent reviews might talk about having received an LD12 instead.

Discrepancies like this give me pause when I'm ordering, and I avoid those sellers who don't have their act together in terms of how they present their inventory. Certainly those sellers without very many reviews are closely scrutinized.

I'm not saying that this is the case for the "Lightscastle" seller in the OP... just that Amazon seems to be getting more like eBay as time goes on. ;)

In the end, I'm confident that Amazon will protect its buyers (as others have stated), -- but before I order from a less-mainstream-looking seller, I'm always asking myself if the few bucks I'm saving justify the risk that I'll have to spend a bunch of time trying to straighten out the seller's incompetence... or in rare cases dishonesty.

Yup you're spot on :)

Unfortunately true that it's becoming a bit like eBay. However Amazon has better protection for buyers. For example the A to Z guarantee claim can be raised at any time and the process is very clear. eBay's had a number of holes for example a seller can authorise a return but refuse to pay for the shipping even though it's their fault and there no way to force them to do so :( the other advantage Amazon has is the ability for buyers to delete feedback so sellers would often make you happy for that in exchange.

horizonseeker

Enlightened

from singapore or used singapore post? there are plenty of international couriers in hong kong, just because it says singapore post does not mean it originates from singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.