Streamlight TL2 and NF2?

roy123

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight TL2 and NF2?

Hello,

Can someone tell what is the difference between Streamlight TL2 and NF2?

Thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Streamlight TL2 and NF2?

The two series use the same bulb, and it appears the same bezel, and reflector. The NF has a moveable ring for one handed operation. Knurling is different for the TL, and NF. TL has a removeable clip.

jbroker83

Enlightened

A big difference between the two is that the TL-2 comes standard with a clip that can be removed, while the NF-2 really is a light with a specific use in mind, although you could use it in a variety of applications. The recessed body is designed for use with a handgun in the Ayoob technique, or the Harries Technique. I own both and they are the same for brightness. I like the TL-2 better, because of the clip for my coat pocket. The nf-2 is by my bedside .45

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did I mention they both have the same nicely designed recessed "momentary" tail switch, and use a "twist on" constant.

roy123

Newly Enlightened

Thank you for all information. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif So NF2 is without a removable clip ? I found a page (Here) it state the NF2 includes pocket clip and tactical lanyard, is it a new version or misleading? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

jbroker- help him out here. Clip ? Screwed on, or slip on ?

I've got all the TL's, but no NF.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
jbroker83 said:
A big difference between the two is that the TL-2 comes standard with a clip that can be removed, while the NF-2 really is a light with a specific use in mind, although you could use it in a variety of applications. The recessed body is designed for use with a handgun in the Ayoob technique, or the Harries Technique. I own both and they are the same for brightness. I like the TL-2 better, because of the clip for my coat pocket. The nf-2 is by my bedside .45

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, the copquest site says:

. "Each model has a removeable spring steel clip as well as a lanyard for versatile carry options.">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

referring to the NF2.

??

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

The NF-2 has a lanyard and adjustbale O-ring, but no pocket clip.

--dan

fred0109

Newly Enlightened

The lights are very similar in the fact that they use the same bulb, reflector, samd lamp holder, and batteries. Both lights are made from machined aluminum.
The TL-2 knurling is deep ridges, and the NF-2 has very fine smooth knurling. Both lights have a pocket clip, but the NF-2s clip is removable. The NF-2 has the adjustable grip ring which is designed to aid in tactical shooting situations. This grip ring is also removable using the enclosed allen wrench. When the clip is removed, there is a "mini clip" that can be added so the lanyard can still be attached. Both models come with a lanyard that is the same color as the light, ie the OD light comes with an OD lanyard.
I hope that my insight clears some things up for everyone here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I like both of the lights and can't choose which one to bring home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
The NF-2 has a lanyard and adjustbale O-ring, but no pocket clip.

--dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently purchased a NF from Botach, and it came with a clip that is held on by the adjustable grip ring. both the adjustable grip ring, and clip are removed by removing an allen screw.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting...I guess SL changed the design...Forget about my last statement!!

--dan

Latest posts