What is my Sunwayman v10r Ti worth?

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
I own a Sunwayman v10r Ti with the AA extension tube and am considering selling or trading it.

If I were to consider selling it, what would be a fair price? I use the light, so it has minor scratches from regular use, no drops or major damage, just normal surface ware. A bit of buffing and it would be near perfect.

Thanks.

Campingnut

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's hard to put a solid price on without pictures but I would clean it up a bit before selling it. I use 3M polishing clothes to clean up my Ti but there are many other options out their for polishing. You'll always get a better price on a clean looking light than a scraped up on unless the light is unique or polishing will take more away from the original finish than leaving it as is (such as the machine finish on a McGizmo). There was also a huge clearance sale on V10R Ti lights about a year ago from a company in Germany that hurt the re-sale value of these lights. I would say a realistic price on a nicely cleaned up specimen with the AA adapter should bring you $125. But you could try and shoot for $150 and you may get lucky. Also - having the head cracked and a more desirable LED swapped in helps a lot.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats fair & whats its worth? I say something is worth what someone will pay for it at that moment in time. Guessing values on items like this can be very difficult. All it takes is 1 person who really really wants something. That person then determines the items value at that moment in time. Great thing about a auction is all it takes is 2 people to really want something. Then the value can skyrocket in seconds! lol

But you ponder, what is a fair price? Well a fair price to you may not be what a fair price is to me. What a condundrum you say! lol

Having said all that:
Not sure if it helps. But I followed one on the bay a few months ago. It was missing the box and AA extender. Condition looked to be good. Bidding closed at $85 (free shipping). So someone felt it was worth at least $85 at that moment.

Never fear, because good ole Ric Flair is always here to help! Just mail it all to me for $50 and call it a day. :D :poke:

Seriously, you mention trade. What kinda items would you consider a fair trade? That would be a interesting part of the Fair Price variable in your equation.

Cheers mate!

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
I originally traded a new HDS Rotary 200 lumen ($200) for the v10r Ti because I wanted a titanium light and I was not happy that the rotary didn't have a clip option. So I was thinking about selling it or trading it so I could get an HDS clicky.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Str8Stroke said it best. I gave you what I think are realistic numbers but what he said is true. People will pay whatever its worth to them. But you can see right now on CPFMP that there a few V10R Ti lights with electronic switches for sale in the $200 range. I think you made a bad trade originally for your HDS - unless your V10R Ti has an e-switch or trits or something more.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may be possible - just gotta find the right person. HDS definitely hurt the resale market when the prices shot up around $60-$80 per light depending on the model this past year.

Now I would submit to you that the HDS is a more robust light but if you compare the Clicky to the V10R Ti I would say that the V10R is a nicer light in many ways - as long as outdoor ruggedness isn't a requirement. The UI is one of the best (and only a Rotary would compare). It can go brighter than the HDS if you use a 16340 IMR cell. You can easily mod it to any LED tint you like - you may have an angry blue one, most were, that could be swapped to much nicer Nichia 219N or a newer XP-G2.

Consider your options.

Latest posts