• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Swan blaster short arc parts parting out

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am parting out the Swan Blaster build, as seen here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...de-Tank-Light-The-Swan-Blaster-260W-Short-Arc

i haven't been in the hobby or CPF for a long time, not sure what's the new developments. but back then, the swan blaster was #2 all time CP, 40 million cps, only shy of RA's maxa blaster cp but has 5 times of the lumens, estimate 15000 lumens.

I don't know what's happened to the pictures in the original build thread but I imagine those who are into searchlights & short arcs know about the swan baster when it was built?

Please try your best reading the thread, as most questions are explained in detail.
Shipping below are US shipping only. International shipping OK but cost 2x, sorry.

1, 9.5" precision parabola, high temp short arc use, custom made, cost about $700.
This is the most important piece after the short arc light source, the only way to have a chance of beating RA.

Asking $450 +$29 shipping

2, 260W UHP ballast.
UHP ballast can be taken off UHP projectors, runs on 350-400V DC. but they don't work, because of built in protection. I am one of the very few people who had figured out how to trick it so it'll turn on and can be used for spot light build.
Custom modified so that it will turn on any 230W to 300W UHP short arc lamp, all you need is 400 V DC.

Asking $250 + 15 shipping.

3. Portable battery set-up with power inverter and charger
The lifepo4 battery inside is dead. This thing takes 20-30AH 12v lifepo4 battery convert to 350VDC, so that it can be used to drive any UHP ballast. The charger cost about $75, has BMI, intelegent battery managment system. All it need is a replacement battery as seen in later of the swan blaster build.

This is the only portable 350V DC power system I've seen on CPF. must have for any UHP short arc builds.

Asking $250 for the whole thing. $20 shipping.

4. Cruis Hinds spotlight body. This was over $300 navy search light body bought on ebay, which I pretty much tore apart, in case someone interested in building something else with it.

Asking $99 +$29 shipping.

5, 9:5 inch PC front window with anti reflective costing $35 + $10 shipping

6, The same AR coated window with special 3" cut center, mounted with 3" AR costed UHP windwow, this can hanfdle high heat but still AR 98% transmission. This is the current front window on teh swan blaster.
$85 + $10 shipping.

7. Home made UHP bulb mounting bracket with XYZ adjust, doesn't look very professional, not as precise as RA's but works. Adjusting short arc lamp position is a must for max CP. This is one of teh hardest piece to put together actually as I don;t have machine, just a table saw & drill, LOL.

$99 + 10 shipping.

The 230W bulb is not for sale, fear of liability. UPH lamp has high UV & High pressure, not for everyone.

Cheers

ma_sha1

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
Nice setup! Love these builds, wish more people did them. What pieces would one need to have the unit fully operational? All of the above items plus bulb?

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

onthelake

Newly Enlightened
It's good to see you back, if only for a moment. Hope life is treating you well. Good luck on this sale. If you don't know ma_sha, he is/was a legend in pushing the limits.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice setup! Love these builds, wish more people did them. What pieces would one need to have the unit fully operational? All of the above items plus bulb?

Nothing except a new battery needed, It's working, everything there just the battery is dead due to neglect

It's good to see you back, if only for a moment. Hope life is treating you well. Good luck on this sale. If you don't know ma_sha, he is/was a legend in pushing the limits.

Thanks. Life is better than ever, luv my new job & stock market flying :)

hope same to you